Affordable Hotel In The Metro Manila Area

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone,

I'm in Phili now in Angeles waiting for my girl friend to finish an unforseen nanny job that came along for her Ate. I'm really enjoying it here and I find that it will be quite easy for me to blend in for my retirement.

My girl friend is looking at starting her June semester at the National Teachers College. Ideally we need to get a condo or some form of longer term accomodation but from what I've read from articles researched on this forum, its boots on the ground work...especially too that she has a cat and a dog. I was wandering if any members could suggest an affordable hotel where we can stay in the area or surrounds (minus the pets of course hehe) so we have a base while we look for some suitable longer term accomodation? Price range around the 1000 php night.

Thanks for your help

TheMason
Posted
Posted

National Teacher's College is in Quiapo. I personally wouldn't recommend you stay there, but if you want to there will be plenty of low-cost accomodations because its a lower-income part of town and there are a lot of colleges there. There are plenty of dormitories in the area that have cheap housing, but they're generally same-sex dorms so you'll need to stay separately. You could easily do that for under 1k per night. I'm not aware of any that advertise online, so you'll need to just go and see what's there.

My recommendation is that you stay somewhere a little nicer across the river in Ermita. You can get hotels there easily for 2k per night. Its close enough to Quiapo that you could take a jeepney there and walk around looking for cheaper temporary accomodations and you permanent location.

I recommend Malvar Hostel and Cherry Blossoms for the Ermita area. They are both near Robinson's in Ermita and can be found via Google.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

hi fred i just looked online for you and i found this place , now mind you i haven't stayed here so i cant vouch for it or the validity of there website but its a start here is the website http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/townhousehotelmanila/ but as i said check them out or call them before you book !!!

personally i stay at Kabayan hotel its at EDSA & Taft ave right on the mrt & lrt line close to mall of asia and roxas blvd Baclaran market and church and theres a small little mall beside the hotel called metro point , the hotel comes with a set breakfast and Lunch but there room rates are varied from dorm style to room with a ref you can check there website out here !!

http://www.kabayanhotel.com.ph/pasay.php i hope this helps you out !!

O-U-C :thumbsup:

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Thanks Themason and OldUgly@Cranky,

I appreciate your help. It gives me a starting place. I'm booked into the Slouchhat hotel for a day or two to start my boots on the ground search. I see that Pasig is close too so there are a few choices. I will study the links you passed me and go from there. It will be an adventure hehehe

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

i just looked at the location of that hotel your booked into and its closer to malate then pasig but as you said it gives you a few days to get boots on the ground good luck my friend !!