13G Non-Quota Immigrant Visa --- Priveleges? Employment Implications?

garden gnome
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

Filipina here married to a dutchie and we're scheduled to move to Manila in a month. After tedious requirements and procedures necessary to procure a visa for my husband, he was finally granted one after 5 working days. Anyway, the officer from the Phil.Consulate told us that the visa is for single-entry and good for a year and told us that the immigrations officer will instruct him on further procedures upon arrival in the Philippines.

Has anybody here had any experience with the 13g visa? Some 'heads up' information would be really appreciated. I've also been trying to 'google' the priveleges/benefits of the 13g visa but could not find any. Does anybody have info on this?

Regarding employment, with the 13g visa, can he start work right away or does he need to secure a work permit? Where/how?

Is the ACR registration also required?

Embarassing to say the least, that I should know where to get answers for these questions but with the experience I've had dealing with people working for the government (where you're either thrown from one person to the other or they just have no idea what they're talking about), I'd rather save myself the headache and hear it from people who've had experience with this subject.

Thanks in advance and I really really would appreciate some light into this matter.

Lissa

Campero
Posted
Posted

Is there work for a Dutchman in the Philippines? Any dikes to stick his finger in? (Did I spell that correctly?)....all joking aside......I thought a 13G was for a returning Filipino that is naturalized in another country.......wait, you are taking him as your dependent, right? duh, I don't know.

Actually Lissa, please go here and read up on the laws..........too long to post here and I am not a Mess Deck Lawyer. Best of luck to you both!

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=35

Regards,

Campero

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Your husband should be granted a 13A which is for the spouse of a Filipino(a). Are you just going there for a visit? If so, then he can get a Balikbayan stamp as long as you arrive with him together. Make sure you have a copy of your marriage license. This will be good for 1 year. If you are moving permanently there then the 13A is correct. If you reaquired your Filipino citizenship at the Philippine Embassy then you won't need a visa. Just use your Phillipine passport. Hope this helps.

• Like 2