Pldt Mydsl Seeks To Double Clients In Cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

PLDT myDSL seeks to double clients in Cebu Cebu, which is considered as their number one growth area in the country.http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...bCategoryId=108Anyone hear of a new usb device that you plug into a laptop and get fast access on the move? New lower rate faster speed package added Xperience up to 1.0 Mbps * 999

Edited by Mr. Lee
added content

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Sorry I answered my own question, this looks neat and is pretty cheap to buy and use when on the go. Anyone using one of these yet? Broadband Kahit Saan, Kahit Sinohttp://smart.com.ph/bro/products/BroPrepaid.htmSmart BRO PREPAID, the newest Smart Bro broadband internet service that allows you to surf the net anywhere there

post-40-1236475948_thumb.png

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
Sorry I answered my own question, this looks neat and is pretty cheap to buy and use when on the go. Anyone using one of these yet?
I went to Globe, Ayala Cebu and tested one of the visibility kit devices. I brought my computer and they installed it because I wanted to check the connection before I eventually would buy. The ad that time said "up to 2MB", I checked on speedtest and it was 145 kbs. I made fun of their ad and walked away.Anyway, the hotel actually approved my request for a separate land line from PLDT and now I'm enjyoing 3,5 MB stable line(so far!)Panser

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Sorry I answered my own question, this looks neat and is pretty cheap to buy and use when on the go. Anyone using one of these yet?
I went to Globe, Ayala Cebu and tested one of the visibility kit devices. I brought my computer and they installed it because I wanted to check the connection before I eventually would buy. The ad that time said "up to 2MB", I checked on speedtest and it was 145 kbs. I made fun of their ad and walked away.Anyway, the hotel actually approved my request for a separate land line from PLDT and now I'm enjyoing 3,5 MB stable line(so far!)Panser
Thanks pal, everything here is up to and they think they can get away with that. I may tray one anyway for when we travel to Mindanao and CDO and see if it works there.

Mik
Posted
Posted

My PLDT DSL (P3000) has gradually improved over the last three years. It has been very stable during the past five or six months. 425725413.png

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I've used it before. When I was able to get connected to the 3G network, I got speeds of about 300 down and 85 up. When I could not connect to 3G, I got speeds of about 5 down and 2 up. The problem is, the 3G network isn't very accessible from my home in Baguio. I think all the mountains here make 3G coverage spotty. I doubt you would have this problem in Cebu or any other city that isn't in the mountains. When I go to Manila the connection is very fast and stable throughout the metro region.The billing is a bit odd for the service as well. As I recall, it was 10 pesos for 30 minutes use. However, the 30 minutes was predetermined windows it was not dependent on when you logged in. For example, you would get from 3:00 to 3:30 for 10 pesos. If you log in at 3:01 it's 10 pesos for the 3-3:30 window. If you log in at 3:29, it's 10 pesos for the 3-3:30 window.You also need to have a Smart phone sim card in order to reload your Smart internet account. I had to go to SM to buy load cards, they were not available at the sari-saris or many of the smaller telecom shops.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted (edited)
My PLDT DSL (P3000) has gradually improved over the last three years. It has been very stable during the past five or six months. 425725413.png
Only one problem with your results Mike. Your test never left the PLDT network. Most all of the banwidth issues in the Phils are related to the big pipes [OC-192 and such] out of the country. As you can see my "Up To" one meg connection smokes as well inside the confines of the PLDT network.425762531.pngNow let's just make a short hop off the PLDT network.425765052.pngNot too bad huh, but we are still in the Phils.Let's move further out a bit.425766118.pngNow that we have to go out one of the woefully inadequate fiber optic links to the open internet, ping times increase and bandwidth goes down significantly. Edited by BobNChe

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Well summerised Bob. That's why I stick to my 500kbs service which I still believe is more reliable than the 3mb and a quarter the price and just as fast unless you download big files all the time.If you have a 3g phone, don't bother with the new pldt or globe dongles. My nokia N90 works fine when I'm travelling, 10peso for 30 minutes and speed about 350kbs.If you don't have a 3g phone I guess it is a good alternative albeit rather expensive.

Markham
Posted
Posted
Sorry I answered my own question, this looks neat and is pretty cheap to buy and use when on the go. Anyone using one of these yet? Broadband Kahit Saan, Kahit Sinohttp://smart.com.ph/bro/products/BroPrepaid.htmSmart BRO PREPAID, the newest Smart Bro broadband internet service that allows you to surf the net anywhere there's a PC! Absolutely no Monthly Service Fee since it's prepaid!The Smart BRO USB modem is a small, palm-sized device that you can carry with you wherever you go. And anytime you need to surf, just plug it into the USB port of your PC, and you'll get connected in a flash. Total initial payment is P1995 with FREE P100 broadband load. Broadband Internet use is P10 for every 30 minutes.** Available in selected areas (3G or HSDPA areas)Get one at any Smart Wireless Center nationwide,
Globe has a similarly-priced offering using almost identical hardware.