The End Of A Happy Relationship.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sitting here tonight has made me a little tearful. 8 years ago, when I first moved to this small quaint village in Spain, I was given a little black Kitten, since then, he has become my constant companion and is always there when I return Home from work. He got to know when it was time for my trip home to the family and even after 4/5 weeks he was always there to greet me.Now as this Retirement thing is looming it has come as a shock to realise that "ERNIE and I, must part company in a few weeks. He was always going to go to my lady Cleaners house as she has grown fond of him. Under normal circumstances the parting would have been gradual and not so traumatic as I feel it will be. With the news Yesterday of my early Retirement at the end of June I never gave him a thought, it was only when he was asking for his dinner tonight, that made me realise he is the one thing, I just can't pack and take home with me. As big as I am, I am a softy when it comes to my Animals, Although I will have 5 dogs at home soon it is this little chap that will move me to tears, as I see him disappear in my Cleaners car when the time comes. I would send him now but to stop in the House with out him here would I think be worse. Is it me or does anyone else feel this way about their animals? Before of course, I knew I would be back to see him but this will be my last trip and no return. 8 Years is a long time, I am surely going to miss the Little fellow. Yes! I know he is only a Cat but he is My Cat My Best friend for 8 years

post-2148-0-58734600-1337979236_thumb.jp

• Like 4

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

i know how you feel i have cats most of my life even had one for 17 years before he died of cancer , now i have 2 cats even though they can bug the "bleep " out of me i cant imagine being without them , my older cat lays down on my arm when im in bed and constantly tries to lick my face he does it so much i have to kick him out of my room or i wouldnt get any sleep at all !!! so i know what your saying , there like our children and we treat them as such !!

are you sure you cant take him with you i have heard of people bringing there pets there i think its just a matter of proper vaccination's and a bit of time in quarantine but dont quote me on that maybe look online and see if you can bring him ??? anyway i wish you luck my friend in this hard time tough choices to make hey ?? :(

all the best to you i hope it will work out for you !!!

O-U-C

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

i know how you feel i have cats most of my life even had one for 17 years before he died of cancer , now i have 2 cats even though they can bug the "bleep " out of me i cant imagine being without them , my older cat lays down on my arm when i'm in bed and constantly tries to lick my face he does it so much i have to kick him out of my room or i wouldn't get any sleep at all !!! so i know what your saying , there like our children and we treat them as such !!

are you sure you cant take him with you i have heard of people bringing there pets there i think its just a matter of proper vaccination's and a bit of time in quarantine but don't quote me on that maybe look online and see if you can bring him ??? anyway i wish you luck my friend in this hard time tough choices to make hey ?? :(

all the best to you i hope it will work out for you !!!

O-U-C

Thank you for the thought, I looked into the move for him last year but the Vet here told me he would not stand the Heat, he is uncomfortable here in Spain at 28/30c so goodness knows what he would think about the heat. No Although I will miss him, better he stays in what he knows and can cope with. As for me well it is a welcome move to be with my family 11 months early i will certainly make the most of it all.

Jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 2

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

im sorry to hear that my friend but if you find a good home for him and if they have internet it is a way to see him from time to time !!! as i said before they maybe our pets but there like our kids so its not unusual to see him on the web , heck my father and mother do that with our cats now hahaha , i wish you all the best in your retirement and all the happiness my friend , i wish i was there myself now !! but my day will come , im working on it the best i can !! take care jack !!

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 2