Uk Passports.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Not too sure if this has come up before but need to know. Has any one renewed a UK passport Lately ? is the Courier service good? For the Hong Kong Embassy passport section. is it safe and how is payment effected and well, can anyone tell me the procedure? I was going to get a new one before I came next Month but I have just been informed by the FCO that I have 8 years left on my current one and they see no reason to renew it now, Maybe I am thinking too far ahead, but some information would be good.

Regards Jack P. :tiphat:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 years left on my current one and they see no reason to renew it now, Maybe I am thinking too far ahead

I would say so. Any info you get know is surely going to be outdated in 8 years.

That being said, I would also like to hear from anyone who has had a UK passport issued out of HK because my Canadian Passport expires every 4 1/2 years (they say 5 but you can hardly travel on it when you are within 6 months of its expiry.) As a dual cit it may be in my best interests to get a Brit one from HK that lasts 10 years.