Cheap Airlines

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have read almost daily on yahoo groups and other sites about Cebu Pacific and problems that go with them. Some other cheap airlines don't seemed to be much better. The post below is from another site that you might want to read.

Cebu Pacific, this crap airline cancelled my flight on Thursday from Bangkok to Clark, then without consultation or refund they booked the following Saturday flight for me. NO questions, no offer of credit for future use, they just re-booked for a flight 2 days later leaving bangkok. I will off course not be able to catch that flight, as I can't stay in Bangkok for 2 more days. I have had to buy a ticket on a full fare airline. So i lose my Cebu Pacific fare, and forced to pay another airline as well. Never again Cebu Pacific. I warn any others considering this crock airline to change their plans. It is a fact that if anything minor goes wrong, or a plane is not full enough, you will be hung out to dry, and they will not correspond with you.I am a couple of hundred dollars out of pocket and I will miss on on a couple of days in AC because of them. (though I hope my credit card travel insurance will pick up some of the cost and inconvenience.)

This airline is worse than Air Asia. Recently Air Asia, bumped me off my prepaid extra legroom ticket going from KL to Australia, then when I asked for refund of my 100 Ringgits that I paid for this seat, they threatened to call security and bluntly told me they would give me nothing in writing for my insurance or Air Asia refund claim, and would not give names at the check-in desk. I could only write down their name tags. I later emailed air asia, but got the reply "we are opening a call centre on 15Feb09...to assist passengers yata yata yata" Result for me, loss of money. Cramped seat.Tiger Airways cancelled a flight on me and the only option they gave me was to confirm by email that I accept the change to a later time. Luckily my next flight after this cancelled flight was a full service airline, which I missed as a result of Tiger. Luckily the full service airline just booked me on the next flight without penalty. If you fly with no frills carriers, sooner or later you will be hung out to dry. I will still use them but strictly on short haul spur of the moment flights. If you make multi hop plans with these airlines, even allowing 5 or 6 hours between connections, you are going to get burnt.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

We as the old saying goes ...... "ya buys yo ticket ... ya takes yo chances" ....... how many times have people complained about Cebu Pacific ...... their flights ... their service ..... the lack of refunds ....... I flew to Cebu from Taipei on Cebu Pacific but as they only have 2-3 flights per week the plane had enough passengers to leave Taipei ....... would I recommend them .... no ..... not with out a warning .....

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

I had a cancellation on Cebu Pacific from Mactan to Palawan. They put us up in a good nearby hotel and gave us free return flights anywhere in RP to use within 6 months. Well chuffed as what's a day.However, if your a tourist on a limited schedule it's a pisser. DONT us them un;ess you have the time. Why he didn't get a freeby I know not. Just ask and they fall over themselves to help, at Mactan anyway.

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I've flown CP from Manila to Bangkok and Manila to Singapore without any issues. Flights were pretty much on time, my bags arrived in good condition, and the staff were friendly and helpful. Based on what I'm reading here, avoiding the less popular/frequent routes is probably a good idea, but I think they're ok between the Philippines and major international cities. For the difference in price between CP and PAL, I'm comfortable enough with the risk involved to fly CP again. Of course, I seldom have anything scheduled that I can't move around by a few days. A cancelled flight simply means a longer stay and bigger hotel bill somewhere, it's not a big problem for me.

• 1 year later...
jonkel49
Posted
Posted

I had the same problem with United Airlines. Coming back from Rp they canceled the Chicago to Des Moines saturday flight would do anything but book us on tuesdays flight. NO motel nothing I had to rent a uhaul truck all the cars where already rented. I took 2 monthes to get a refund on the Tickets we didn't use then they aere kind enough to send 3 $100.00 vouchers for our next flight with in 90 days. Never United again.

I have read almost daily on yahoo groups and other sites about Cebu Pacific and problems that go with them. Some other cheap airlines don't seemed to be much better. The post below is from another site that you might want to read.Cebu Pacific, this crap airline cancelled my flight on Thursday from Bangkok to Clark, then without consultation or refund they booked the following Saturday flight for me. NO questions, no offer of credit for future use, they just re-booked for a flight 2 days later leaving bangkok. I will off course not be able to catch that flight, as I can't stay in Bangkok for 2 more days. I have had to buy a ticket on a full fare airline. So i lose my Cebu Pacific fare, and forced to pay another airline as well. Never again Cebu Pacific. I warn any others considering this crock airline to change their plans. It is a fact that if anything minor goes wrong, or a plane is not full enough, you will be hung out to dry, and they will not correspond with you.I am a couple of hundred dollars out of pocket and I will miss on on a couple of days in AC because of them. (though I hope my credit card travel insurance will pick up some of the cost and inconvenience.) This airline is worse than Air Asia. Recently Air Asia, bumped me off my prepaid extra legroom ticket going from KL to Australia, then when I asked for refund of my 100 Ringgits that I paid for this seat, they threatened to call security and bluntly told me they would give me nothing in writing for my insurance or Air Asia refund claim, and would not give names at the check-in desk. I could only write down their name tags. I later emailed air asia, but got the reply "we are opening a call centre on 15Feb09...to assist passengers yata yata yata" Result for me, loss of money. Cramped seat.Tiger Airways cancelled a flight on me and the only option they gave me was to confirm by email that I accept the change to a later time. Luckily my next flight after this cancelled flight was a full service airline, which I missed as a result of Tiger. Luckily the full service airline just booked me on the next flight without penalty. If you fly with no frills carriers, sooner or later you will be hung out to dry. I will still use them but strictly on short haul spur of the moment flights. If you make multi hop plans with these airlines, even allowing 5 or 6 hours between connections, you are going to get burnt.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

The main thing to remember is, purchase your tickets during non-peak seasons in the Philippines, like religious holidays, Xmas & New Year!

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I'm considering not flying Cebu between Taiwan and Philippines anymore just because of the schedule. They only have one flight a night, and it arrives around 3:30am.... The problem is the only morning connecting flight to Tacloban is 4:40am... I don't have enough time to catch it, so I have to wait until 11:50am for the next one. At the end of the day, I'll have spent 3 hours in the air, and maybe 16 hours or so door to door.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Cebu Pacific from Davao to Cebu is ALWAYS delayed in the afternoon flights....Manila backup they say. 2 hours three times in a row. Get a AM flight out of Davao to domestic areas to avoid this...if in Davao. :th_closed: