Looking To Rent- Banilad

GeorgeRoberts
Posted
Posted

Hoping to be in Cebu soon and does anyone one know roughly prices to rent house or appartment in or around Banilad or where I could find price range and places on offer?

Lookining for something with 3 beds and couple cr's.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I'm not an expert but I'll take a stab. Furnished or unfurnished makes a big difference. Banilad is one of the more desirable areas so rents are higher but there are cheap places. I looked at a 1 or 2 B/R on the grounds of the Montebello Villa hotel that was 25k per month, year lease required. It was furnished but not well. The furnished places I looked at were furnished with crap for the most part. The good places go fast. A lot is word of mouth, you're best bet is come and plan to stay a month in a pension house and look. Hire a local driver and look around. It's been said that most housing mistakes are made by rushing.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I agree Mike ..... most furniture in these furnished apartment is crap ...... George may I suggest that you look for general pricing in the Cebu Classifieds to get a general idea of pricing and pictures of what you are getting ..... if you choose an apartment there there will be no increase in price because you are a foreigner as the price is stated in the add ...... same with houses mentioned there ..... if you search on your own you can expect the prices of houses to be higher for you as you are perceived to be a rich foreigner and so pay the added kano tax ...... or if you have a wife or girlfriend let her do the looking and negotiation for initial contact then you can do as I did and show up later ..... most have a 1 year contract with some offering a 6 month lease ...... we have a 6 month lease but no where near the Banilad area .....

Here is their website .............. http://www.cebuclassifieds.com/ ..........

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hi George, best thing I can do is meet up with you when you arrive and show you around some of the area's and potential properties that meet your needs. Perhaps you could get in touch with me via email: info@cebupropertyrentals.com Subject. FAO Geoff and we can discuss in more details. We have plenty of options available and not all our properties make it to our website. We have been in business here for over 6 years and if we can not help you we work alongside others that may be able to.

Hope we can be of service

Best regards

Geoff