Filipino Tribes

BrandonD
Posted
Posted

In my travels to the Philippines, I have been to the Visayas, to Mindanao, and to many points in Luzon. In these places, I have inimately stayed with families in their homes. I can say that, to my perceptions, each family was quite different, as was my perception of the local culture. Hospitality-wise, my ex gf was from Zamboanga (chavacano) and her family was the most hospitable, respectful, and accomodating as I have ever experienced. I was blown away by it actually. Perhaps a lesser influx of foreigners and their money leaves these people with a less corrupted culture? I am not sure, but I am curious if there are other little pockets in the philippines that are as genuinely respectful? I know that filipinos are generally hospitable and friendly by nature, but I definitely percieve differences in the places I have visited thus far.

• Like 3

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Hi Brandon,

I would say that any place in the Philippines that has not had an influx of foreigners will be the same. I am ashamed to admit that we (expats) seem to bring about a change in the people of this country, and although not always negative, it does appear to bring about this change in attitude. I agree that generally Filipinos are some of the kindest, most caring, honest and hard working (depending on where you are), unfortunately once they get a taste of how things are done in foreign countries it seems to change them as well.

My advice, stay away from the foreign populated areas, if you want to see the real nature of the people here. Unfortunately this brings about other negatives as there is usually but not always safety in numbers for foreigners.

Papa Carl

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hi Brandon,

My advice, stay away from the foreign populated areas,

This means McDo's in Dumaguete and under escalators in Shopping Malls anywhere :hystery:

Sorry folks, I got a good feel mood here.

Jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Well said Jack, having spent time in Dumaguete I can relate to this!

I built a house in Lamdas, not far from Mabinay and spent some time in Dumaguete, least of all to buy the materials needed to build the house, and the fixtures and fittings for the house.

Maybe next time, I will say, stay away from the places the foreigners hang out! You stand a better chance of meeting a Filipina with a positive attitude, and one not soiled by our way of thinking.

All good fun,

Papa Carl

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

It's funny you guys mention the "Up the escalator" activity. SM Bacolod must have become aware of this "Activity" because a few months ago, they put full length banners across the clear sides of the rails of the escalators. It advertises KFC. I guess "Activity Terminated".

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It's funny you guys mention the "Up the escalator" activity. SM Bacolod must have become aware of this "Activity" because a few months ago, they put full length banners across the clear sides of the rails of the escalators. It advertises KFC. I guess "Activity Terminated".

Another Social club Closes down then! :mocking:

• Like 1

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

I guess it is off topic but what the heck. maybe we can think of old foreigners checking out the beauties as a tribe, The ooglalot tribe maybe.

Guys who are coming here should practise their girl watching skills and techniques before they come. Maybe do some special excersises to strengthen the neck muscles and allow you to turn your head as if on a swivel. Also perhaps think of the advance skills necesary to do it while with gf.

For instance if their cute butts cross your line of sight, how can you be blamed? If the beauty is behind your gf and u wear sunglasses, will she ever know? Pointing head in one direction, with eyeballs pointed somewhere else may be a skill to be honed, as well as many others.

Blatant ooglings may bring on psssstes of corection, from jealous older biddies especially. Good religeous girls will not like lewd stares either, and there are young strong bf's and brothers and other males who will give you scary looks also if you are not subtle about it.

However with the amazing numbers of beautiful girls, anyone who appreciates the charming characteristics of this lovely race of people, may enjoy spending alot of time enjoying the scenery. So much nice scenery, when your thing is slim, and tanned, and well but together, and with those luxurious manes of shiney black hair.

Just when you see a girl you think could not be more perfect, here comes the next one, and you are not so sure. Cebu I think must have the most beautiful girls in the world. It has my vote anyway with my limited traveling experience. however, the numbers, and numbers with babies, do not bode well for the future of the Philippines and population control.

Maybe someday China with its decades of one child law, and the people prefering that child be a male, will snap up the excess females in future. As lonely gfless hordes of chinese men come for our filipinas. Can we fight them off or will it be the end of the ooglalot tribe?

Edited by jode