Lost Track Of The Objective Of Forums

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that many of the members on forums seem to have lost the objective of why we came to forums in the first place. Did we not come to these types of media to learn about the Philippines and then to help others with what we learned?I really think many of us who participate on various forums, need to get back on that track and instead of posting all the negatives about one type of thing or anther, maybe we could list alternatives to what others post and not knock the info that others offer to readers but possibly show a different and possibly better approach to the issue.Just a suggestion.

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

The only problem is that the negative posts and responses create a whole lot more board activity than positive ones ....... There was a newspaper put out one time called "The Good News Paper" it printed nothing but good positive news articles ....... it lasted about 3 months .... and went belly up as no one wanted to read it ...... I distinctly remember a post on another board where the membership got tired of me posting on where I was finding items like foods ... hardware and other items here in Cebu ....... in fact one member even said he could care less about where to find sugar-free cookies but needed more on controversial topic about under aged girls ... or something like that ...... so I said "what the h*ll" ..... I know where this stuff is so I won't bore the elite with nonsense posts about everyday life things here in Cebu and not worry about it ........ after all they already know it all already ..... As Alfred E. Newman said "what ..... me worry" ......... I think not ......

Edited by Mike S

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
The only problem is that the negative posts and responses create a whole lot more board activity than positive ones ....... There was a newspaper put out one time called "The Good News Paper" it printed nothing but good positive news articles ....... it lasted about 3 months .... and went belly up as no one wanted to read it ...... I distinctly remember a post on another board where the membership got tired of me posting on where I was finding items like foods ... hardware and other items here in Cebu ....... in fact one member even said he could care less about where to find sugar-free cookies but needed more on controversial topic about under aged girls ... or something like that ...... so I said "what the h*ll" ..... I know where this stuff is so I won't bore the elite with nonsense posts about everyday life things here in Cebu and not worry about it ........ after all they already know it all already ..... As Alfred E. Newman said "what ..... me worry" ......... I think not ......
Maybe if you had explained you can use sugar free cookies to lure in underaged girls(or so I've heard) he would have been more interested. :7_4_17[1]: :th_thsmilies-29057:

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

It is a thing that occurs naturally.There are three phases to a poster:-1. He knows nothing of the subject matter and is keen to learn. He asks questions and gets answered.2. He learns and so can answer questions. He even lives in the subject and thus has good knowledge. He gets a bit bored when the same question is asked for the 50th time.3. He hasn't got a lot to learn from a website. Happy to pass on information but skips most of the repeat question. However, he picks up on topics he likes to discuss. If he disagrees that comes as negative, if he agrees comes as positive.I'm a number 3.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

But there is a 4th John ......4) Bored with their life and likes to have nothing better to do except have a few drinks and cause arguments on the boards ...... regardless weather it is of any benefit to others or not ....... exerting his self-proclaimed superior intellectual intelligence on anyone that will read his/her posts ..... these are the ones I like ...... as later on in a few days they will contradict themselves and forget what they previously said ......... I like to call these persons the "Internet politicians" as they know everything about everything and will misquote or make up stuff as they go along ....... swearing that it is true ...... don't know if they kiss babies or hand out cigars .... but it could be a thought .... hahahahahaha ......

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted
But there is a 4th John ......4) Bored with their life and likes to have nothing better to do except have a few drinks and cause arguments on the boards ...... regardless weather it is of any benefit to others or not ....... exerting his self-proclaimed superior intellectual intelligence on anyone that will read his/her posts ..... these are the ones I like ...... as later on in a few days they will contradict themselves and forget what they previously said ......... I like to call these persons the "Internet politicians" as they know everything about everything and will misquote or make up stuff as they go along ....... swearing that it is true ...... don't know if they kiss babies or hand out cigars .... but it could be a thought .... hahahahahaha ......
OMG, could be going on 4 then Mike, lol

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

I'm pretty sure I am a 5.All of the above.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am pretty sure I am a sex. 2245_safe.gif :rolleyes:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Anyway, back to the whole purpose of this thread, I made this thread because IMO too many posters think it is easier to tell everyone how bad one thing or another is, instead of giving options of their own.For instance on the retirement issue, what other options does a man who is not married to a Filipina have to stay in the RP? He cannot get an ACR card unless he is married to a Filipina or he is willing to place a large investment in some business, if I am correct on that? So how does investing and flushing his money down the toilet balance with depositing his money into the retirement plan and maybe getting some of it back that way, balance out? Example, if a person posts how great Globe service is, IMO it would be better to say something like, I use Smart and the reason I find it better is because blah blah blah blah, rather than, Globe sucks blah blah blah blah. JMO but it sure seems like people would prefer to put down something rather than offer alternatives in a positive manner.Now with that said, I am sure that I too have been guilty of the same things in the past and I was just trying to take things in what I felt may be a better and possibly more positive direction.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
It is a thing that occurs naturally.There are three phases to a poster:-1. He knows nothing of the subject matter and is keen to learn. He asks questions and gets answered.2. He learns and so can answer questions. He even lives in the subject and thus has good knowledge. He gets a bit bored when the same question is asked for the 50th time.3. He hasn't got a lot to learn from a website. Happy to pass on information but skips most of the repeat question. However, he picks up on topics he likes to discuss. If he disagrees that comes as negative, if he agrees comes as positive.I'm a number 3.
Just be glad you're not #2 :rolleyes: