Bamboo Costs

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Anyone know the cost of bamboo ? I would like to build some stuff with it and am wondering appox costs for bigger pieces .

Thanks for any imput

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

wow i had workers for a week cutting bamboo so i could build my house, they used a lot of it for scaffold , i used it for fence around my house, i would think it would be very cheap in the provience, if you have a way to haul it

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

A way to haul it? Tie it in a bundle and drag it behind your motorbike.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Bambi was my favorite years ago when visiting the Philippines, ,, ohhh ,,, sorry I thought,,, never mind. :bonk:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
johnb
Posted
Posted

Anyone know the cost of bamboo ? I would like to build some stuff with it and am wondering appox costs for bigger pieces .

Thanks for any imput

This probably isn't what you had in mind with your OP, but i recently paid 80p per bundle of 40, approx 2" x 10ft bamboo slats which I used in place of rebar for a landscaping project and car park area.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

A friend of mine mentioned about the most incredible use of bamboo. They used it to build an international school in Bali, Indonesia. Visit the website www.greenschool.org. Look at the photo gallery for additional details. It would be fantastic if someone uses bamboo in a similar fashion in the Philippines.

Edited by JJR