Consensus In Cebu

dalidali
Posted
Posted

I am hoping some of you regulars here, and of course residents of Cebu, can offer up a consensus on some of the hotels available.

I have plied the topics here and see some that could be possibles. It's mind boggling to try and make a call.

Maybe if enough respondents get their .02 cents in....a accurate consensus can be had.

Basic guidelines would be :

Under $50 USD nightly (less is good of course)

Centrally located to shops and nightlife.

Wi-Fi connection either in room or on site.

Phone or email or website contact.

Internet booking is good

And of course the basics..clean etc.

Thanks to everyone

dalidali

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

Try Sarrosa for starters. 40K peso a month for a 2BR apartment, including cleaning three times a week, change of bed sheets etc. If you want to stay longer, you can negotiate. Try the condos ending with 03, as they are the corner condos with a great view. Very convenient.

Metropark is also popular for those who want a condo for short term rent, but maybe a little more hassle getting a taxi from the hotel immideately. I think condos start from 25K.

Good luck!

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Paul has been making a list on his website,cebu expat services try there

• Like 1

dalidali
Posted
Posted (edited)

Try Sarrosafor starters. 40K peso a month for a 2BR apartment, including cleaning three times a week, change of bed sheets etc. If you want to stay longer, you can negotiate. Try the condos ending with 03, as they are the corner condos with a great view. Very convenient.

Metroparkis also popular for those who want a condo for short term rent, but maybe a little more hassle getting a taxi from the hotel immideately. I think condos start from 25K.

Good luck!

I looked at the Sarrosafor link you mentioned.

I did not see any options about 40K for a 2 bedroom apartment.

All I saw were various rooms starting at 2500P for a standard room.

Maybe I missed it or those rates and terms are only available in person?

Thanks for your input

dalidali

On edit:...I did find the two bedroom unit you refered to but the daily price does appear to be 2500P. No where do I see 40K

Thanks again

Edited by dalidali

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

Try Sarrosafor starters. 40K peso a month for a 2BR apartment, including cleaning three times a week, change of bed sheets etc. If you want to stay longer, you can negotiate. Try the condos ending with 03, as they are the corner condos with a great view. Very convenient.

Metroparkis also popular for those who want a condo for short term rent, but maybe a little more hassle getting a taxi from the hotel immideately. I think condos start from 25K.

Good luck!

Thanks for your input

dalidali

On edit:...I did find the two bedroom unit you refered to but the daily price does appear to be 2500P. No where do I see 40K

Thanks again

Some websites here are not updated or they don't put all info on them. Just send them an e-mail and enquire.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Good luck!

Thanks for your input

dalidali

Thanks again

Some websites here are not updated or they don't put all info on them. Just send them an e-mail and enquire.

Also I believe Lars is taking about the long term rate, I do recall sending them Emails a few years back for information and they do reply, not like many others. I think there is something like a 2 or 3 month deposit held for long term stay.

Not sure how long the OP is wanting to stay which will make a difference to rates anywhere?

• Like 1

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Good luck!

Thanks for your input

dalidali

Thanks again

Also I believe Lars is taking about the long term rate, I do recall sending them Emails a few years back for information and they do reply, not like many others. I think there is something like a 2 or 3 month deposit held for long term stay.

Not sure how long the OP is wanting to stay which will make a difference to rates anywhere?

Thank you for the clarification...

That is what I was thinking....long term.

dalidali

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
they do reply, not like many others

Yeah. Even the expensive hotels like Waterfront Airport Mactan don't reply to emails. I emailed 2 weeks ago to ask if they had a late checkout or day rate as my ferry does not board until 8pm so I don't want to check out of the Waterfront at noon.

Yep, its slightly off topic but does anyone know if they have a day rate or late check out rate? I seem to remember seeing a sign about it near domestic departures at Mactan Airport? Anybody else see it?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
they do reply, not like many others

Yeah. Even the expensive hotels like Waterfront Airport Mactan don't reply to emails. I emailed 2 weeks ago to ask if they had a late checkout or day rate as my ferry does not board until 8pm so I don't want to check out of the Waterfront at noon.

Yep, its slightly off topic but does anyone know if they have a day rate or late check out rate? I seem to remember seeing a sign about it near domestic departures at Mactan Airport? Anybody else see it?

Did you use their Contact Us form or send from your own Email account, perhaps it ends up in the spam basket. http://www.waterfronthotels.com.ph/waterfront/footer/contact-us/

• Like 2