Manny Pacquiao Lost. How Will Filipinos React?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm not a fight fan or expert I do respect Manny Pacquiao an amazing athlete.

The press both Filipino and American call the decision controversial.

It will be interesting to see how the average Filipino reacts. I don't think they know boxing is not truly a sport but more like American wrestling a twisted money machine.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Boxing is huge here, maybe bigger then basketball. The newspaper sports page is pretty much equally divided between the two. There are a lot of knowledgeable fans here.

• Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

Just watched sportscenter on ESPN. There is a lot of controversy over the decision of this fight. None of the commentators can beleive that the decision was given to Bradley. Manny landed over 100 punches more than Bradley. It sounds like the judges gave Bradley the fight. I think there is going to be lots of hype till a rematch occurs in November.

• Like 1

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)

Bob Arum had a quote to the effect of, 'I'll make a lot of money off the rematch, but the decision was a travesty.'

The first half of that quote is really all you need to know about what happened. Boxing is a sham and has been for years. When it comes to lack of integrity of the judges and corruption, its right up there with figure skating and gymnastics.

Edited by TheMason
  • Like 2

samatm
Posted
Posted (edited)

Its crazy that the only 3 judges are counted. It would be more fair if they just did an American Idol AT&T phone in for the winner! Seriously folks, having only 3 judges weigh in is nuts. Look at Olympic Gymnastics for example which is a little more fair - how many judges are scoring then averaged? Gambling = Mafia = Rigged. Next .

Edited by samatm