Visa Extension

Curley
Posted
Posted

Where are there Immigration offices for visa extensions please. I'm in Manila now (could do it Monday) but will probably go to Davao and other places as well, are they only in major cities?

TheMason
Posted
Posted

The office in Manila is in Intramuros. For a list of the rest of the offices, you can find the link on the BI website

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=128&Itemid=72

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

http://www.imigration.gov.ph

Where are there Immigration offices for visa extensions please. I'm in Manila now (could do it Monday) but will probably go to Davao and other places as well, are they only in major cities?

Curley log on to The BOI site and there you will find a list of field offices.

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

I found the BI office in Makati to be light years ahead of intramuros. In and out in 30 mins if you time it right. Also its easy to get to by taxi on the main. I found it it easier to get my extension when in Manila in makati rather than having to do it in Cebu.

• Like 2

adventureguy
Posted
Posted

Do it early while you are there in Manila. Then you can enjoy your time without any worries later.
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Do it early while you are there in Manila. Then you can enjoy your time without any worries later.

I can remember when I first joined this forum that somebody had written asking if you can get an extension as soon as you enter the airport or if you had to wait until the next day... Yeah, I would call that early but probably pretty smart if you are heading to the provinces! And as for showing up very early - as in well before the office opens - to avoid the long lines and long wait times later to be pretty smart too!

So either way you look at it, Adventureguy has a pretty good answer!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Curley
Posted
Posted

1. I've looked on the BOI site and found the revised fees but cannot find what paperwork is needed. Can anyone hep please?

adventureguy
Posted
Posted
  1. I've looked on the BOI site and found the revised fees but cannot find what paperwork is needed. Can anyone hep please?

Take your passport and tell the clerk that you want to apply for a tourist visa extension. They will give you the form to fill out. Be sure to dress in long pants. No tank tops or sandals/flip-flops.

Curley
Posted
Posted

Take your passport and tell the clerk that you want to apply for a tourist visa extension. They will give you the form to fill out. Be sure to dress in long pants. No tank tops or sandals/flip-flops.

Thanks, the same as Thailand.... dress appropriately.... which I did.

I needed a photocopy of both the latest visa page and the main page of my passport plus their form to be filled in. Handed it in at 10 30..... at 10 42 I was called tp pay 3030 Pesos... all looking good till 10 mins later Wham... the power went off. I sat waiting while all the staff were leaving, the boss man suggested that I go and have my lunch which I did, i returned at 12 55 to see my passport sitting on a desk.... the visa had not been signed and bossman had gone to lunch...... come back at 2PM they said..... bossman finally returned at 2.25 and after a few mins he signed it. Next time I may try going at 2.30 and see if it's quicker.

• Like 1