Audio Books

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

I have a few audio books that perhaps some blind people could use. Does anyone know of any orphanages or whatever around that have some blind people that might enjoy these? I just remembered seeing the blind guys at Ayala Metro doing massage, so the next time we go there I will take some DVD’s for them and see if they are interested.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have a few audio books that perhaps some blind people could use. Does anyone know of any orphanages or whatever around that have some blind people that might enjoy these? I just remembered seeing the blind guys at Ayala Metro doing massage, so the next time we go there I will take some DVD’s for them and see if they are interested.

I also have a dozen or so that I was trying to figure out what to with them; Garage sale or bring with me. Garage sale is only pennies on the dollar so I would rather give them away. Let me know what you do with yours and maybe I will bring them with me in a BB box.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You guys might want to contact Bruce and see if he knows of anyone where he helps out .... other than him I sure don't .... if i hear I'll let you guys know ...

samatm
Posted
Posted

you might could possibly organize a book share , audio book share, for expats here. List your titles let people send you the cash to forward via LBC or JRS for example.

Also I have just been made aware that audio books are available from my US home library now. and I still have a library card so I can log in and search.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

DVD/CD is old technology. If I were to buy audio books I would first search for books that I can download online and play using my ipod or smartphone.

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Well, all of my audio books are files, not DVD's.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Well, all of my audio books are files, not DVD's.

My are almost all cassette tapes! In the stone of the late 90's I used to drive between San Francisco and Los Angeles at lot, and really enjoyed the books then.

However, I am trying to convert them to files in my spare time.