Travel Tip: Book Ana For International Flights Into Manila

earthdome
Posted
Posted

For convenience I now ensure my flight from the US to Manila goes through Narita (Tokyo) and uses ANA (All Nipon Airways) for the flight from Narita to Manila.

First ANA has the only international flights which uses the nice new Terminal 3 so immigration and customs doesn't take long.

Terminal 3 has a very nice greeting area inside the terminal which is much better if you want to meet family or that special someone at the airport.

This avoids the hassle of a flight which transits through China which would requires going through immigration and customs.

It is also more convenient if you need to connect to a domestic flight since Cebu Pacific uses the same terminal for domestic flights.

Over time all international flights are supposed to move to Terminal 3, but for now only ANA is using it for international flights.

Just make sure you inform the taxi driver that you are going to Terminal 3 because if you say international flight you might end up at Terminal 1. That happened to me when I was returning in April and I had to take another taxi from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
First ANA has the only international flights which uses the nice new Terminal 3 so immigration and customs doesn't take long.

Very good information to know, thank you! I used to be in the air cargo business and years ago I had a free all expenses paid trip to Tokyo and Peking on ANA, and I had nothing but good things to say about them back then. I hope they are still as good!

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

yeah T3 was a surprise to me last time I left from Manila, I had only memories of a very basic airport with not much in the way of dining etc and this was a whole new experience.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Minor update. United Airlines partners with ANA. So if you are booking a long overseas flights to Manila and want to get ANA on the final leg to Manila, search for flights where United is the airline.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Minor update. United Airlines partners with ANA. So if you are booking a long overseas flights to Manila and want to get ANA on the final leg to Manila, search for flights where United is the airline.

Yes, I picked at date in September on the ANA site, Chicago to Manila, and it is United ORD/NRT, ANA NRT/MNL. The fare is pretty good, about 1150 USD.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Yes, I picked at date in September on the ANA site, Chicago to Manila, and it is United ORD/NRT, ANA NRT/MNL. The fare is pretty good, about 1150 USD.

I was just pricing flights for Sept last night. I found the best price by going to the United Airlines website, $1033 from KC to Manila in late Sept for 2 weeks flying United/ANA.

• 4 months later...
realdeal43
Posted
Posted

In Oct. I flew from Montgomery,Alabama to Toyko then Manila via AA then JAL for 912.00 US.

Curley
Posted
Posted

I just had a look at ANA website, from london I could only choose Japan as a final destination.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I just had a look at ANA website, from london I could only choose Japan as a final destination.

I have never booked a flight directly via ANA. I have always booked through a partner airline like United.

ANA has daily flights between Tokyo and Manila. Don't know why the ANA online booking doesn't show that.

Curley
Posted
Posted

I have never booked a flight directly via ANA. I have always booked through a partner airline like United.

ANA has daily flights between Tokyo and Manila. Don't know why the ANA online booking doesn't show that.

That explains it, I was trying to book the whole flight through them, maybe I need to book two different flights. I will look into it further but their premium economy and business class looks very expensive.