Rodney King Is Dead

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

in 1991 Rodney king was assaulted by the lapd,

in 1992 the officers that was charged with his "assault" was found NOT Guilty

which sparked the biggest Bonfire Opps I mean Riot in the US

Rodney King, whose beating at the hands of Los Angeles police officers sparked the largest riot in Los Angeles history,

has been found dead at his home in Rialto, according to his publicist and media reports. He was 47.

King was drunk and unarmed when he was pulled over in 1991 for speeding by Los Angeles Police Department officers, who responded to his erratic behavior by kicking him and striking him dozens of times with their batons.

The incident was captured on video by a civilian bystander, and the recording became an instant international sensation.

Four of the officers were tried for excessive force. Their acquittal on April 29, 1992, touched off one of the worst urban riots in U.S. history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18478979

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/06/rodney-king-dead-at-47.html

andre007
Posted
Posted

"Can we all get along?"

I think back to the incident and if you go to TMZ.com they have a copy of the original film. If you look halfway through the tape and an notice an iron rail fence. That is significant to me because that was the apartment complex I was staying when this all happened. Yes I was home that morning sleep and never heard it maybe because they were filming Terminator 2 for the last few weeks in that same spot with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

In my humble opinion no man should ever be beat for speeding no matter what race, creed or color. There were so many things going on in Los Angeles as usual but this case topped them all.

I remember the verdict and the senseless looting and beating of Reginald Denny. Both said days in American history.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

i have not back over my notes or google got info.

<Mr king did have some legal issues previously .perhaps attuitude problem,

the veido only showed a smalll part of the event, \

we must reminded that this charged the way the police, courts,and the system operates now,

knowing that this can occurr again if he charges arent given momnentive to grow,or set/cut backs in funding it can set back the system back many years

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

No loss to the planet. In fact, the world will be better off. LONG rap sheet for that loser.

• Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted

While King was no saint and had history of dealing drugs that is not an excuse for any police or anybody else taking the law into their own hands and administering punishment. I feel no lose for King's death but what happened to him and the aftermath changed the way that people were treated by police. I never think it is a bad thing when people have to be more humane.

• Like 3