Pldt And The Love - Hate Relationship

retired
Posted
Posted

If someone asks me my definition or example of a Love - Hate relationship i can just point to my experience with PLDT. Unforunately in our neck of the woods they have the biggest carrot out there and don't see that changing in my lifetime . They come to mind today based on two seperate issues within the last 24 hrs . Awoke this am to find their bill and a form letter from Makati informing me that they were about to expire our service and just for good measure throw in a court action to boot .

A few rants later , mainly directed at any living thing that would pay attention , which wasn't much at about 5 - 6 am except the dogs , the roosters and my wife , though not necessarily in that order . How can the largest Telecommunication company in this country fail to credit electronic payments made from Northern Mindanao to Manilla for roughly 3 weeks . And forgt the bill from Makati . That never gets here until it's past due . Thought we had this issue solved by paying advance or extra payment . You know , like the banks here work . You give them your money to use for the privelege of paying them for their service .

Business hour comes and we get a call from their local office telling us tha we need to bring in our old router because they are switching to wireless ones . Ok , so the wife goes down armed with the computer geek step-son to do battle . The router comes home ok but still don't know about the wife . Anyway , got to thinking about the wireless switch . Now , why would a Philippine company do an upgrade to their customer base free of charge when that is not the norm based on my experience ?

Naughty thoughts were flashing throuh my noggin as i just knew there had to be an ulterior motive hidden somewhere , right ? Maybe it's so all your neighbores can bleed your signal and you will upgrade to a higher cost factor ? Another desktop , a laptop and three cell phones later in my house dropping in i was quite suprised to discover only a small drop off in my computers performance . Mainly on the upload end but that always sucks anyway . There is , however , a kill switch on top of the modem should battle become necessary . in the meantime maybe some of the geeker guys out there than me can fill in the missng blanks i leave out .

As for the damn bill I will let my wife handle that as i am to old and impatient to try and communicate with these robots , sorry people . Now , if i just had one of those new fangled $300 phones i could really listen in . Hell , might even be able to phone ET.. at Home . :-)

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

PLDT customer service, thats a contradictory term, :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

I think i would rather try the "CURE" than trying to deal with these BOZO's

http://www.philippin...arged-prostate/

Actually I have found a photo

Bozo& a PLDT csa at the weekly meeting of how they learn to "word not allowed due to forum rules" the customer.

IMG_3495.jpg

Edited by Call me Bubba

• 2 weeks later...
retired
Posted
Posted

Heard that . Just wondering why PLDT has decided to have their paying customers ( me ) provide a wi-i signal for the whole damn street . But then , i do have the kill swtch which i know a guy with your photo image can relate too . Still , one of my favorite fllicks . :-)

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Heard that . Just wondering why PLDT has decided to have their paying customers ( me ) provide a wi-i signal for the whole damn street . But then , i do have the kill swtch which i know a guy with your photo image can relate too . Still , one of my favorite fllicks . :-)

Your neighbors may be able to see your wifi network but access to it must be password protected with an encryption key, I don't think your neighbors could just click on your network and surf away. I've had both PLDT and Globe, customer service is an oxymoron, they are equally bad.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Your neighbors may be able to see your wifi network but access to it must be password protected with an encryption key, I don't think your neighbors could just click on your network and surf away.

If you have a WIFI connection at home(your house)

Mike B is correct, make sure you "Password "protect your connection,

and change the password occasionally.

.why? some persons will do whatever it takes to get something free.

change it for your safety. :444:

• Like 2