by Paterno Esmaquel II

Posted on 06/19/2012 2:14 PM | Updated 06/20/2012 2:12 AM

extra from the web site of rappler

http://www.rappler.com/nation/7256-dfa-beijing-promised-vessel-pullout

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Nope .... can't see that happening except by force ...... China won't back down unless it is to their advantage and they have something else up their sleeve ...... on an interesting note the first Indian Naval vessel ever to travel away from there own area of responsibility is docked or was docked in Subic ..... seems India is showing support to the Philippines ...... and before you laugh India does have a respectable size Navy with fairly modern ships ..... lots of countries stacking up against China now ..... but like I said China doesn't care .....

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted (edited)

China overplayed its hand is now in a no win situation. In no way can it afford to use force against the RP. Noy Noy has played his hand very well and I salute him for dealing the Chinese firmly and garnering Intl favor and support. Should China so much as hole one lousy tin can of RP seacraft, the more outpouring of support will come RPs way, meaning more boats and survey teams and crews with Intl. support. China is looking for a face saving out. Perhaps the typhoon or others coming is just what is needed. China must ease out without looking weak at home. In Hong Kong I saw on a local news show the problem of the " mean " Philippine Marines that made helpless poor chinese fishermen strip to the waist and be exposed to the elements. Folks couldn't understand why their Navy didn't blow the PI boats out of "their" waters. (of course they cant - or they would have ;) .

Just my dos centavos on the matter

Edited by samatm
  • Like 2