Air Conditioning Is At Or Below 50% Capacity At Ceb

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

COMPROMISED LEVELS OF AIR-CONDITIONING SYSTEM CAPACITY AT MCIA TERMINAL

We sincerely regret to inform the Public that two out of the four chillers at the Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA) Terminal Building have reached their reliable economic life and are currently inoperable thereby reducing the air-conditioning (A/C) capacity to 50%. This has raised the ambient temperature within the Terminal Building higher, though still below the outside daily temperature. We know and understand the urgency of this situation and rest assured MCIAA is exploring all possible means to hasten the pending delivery and installation of the two brand new 500-ton chillers which have already been procured. We are also exhausting all means possible to maximize the cooling in the passenger departure and arrival areas given the current situation, and at the same time and more importantly, to fast-track, within the confines of the law, the procurement of a number of additional cooling units as a stop-gap measure.

We sincerely apologize for the discomfort and inconvenience brought about by the change in the chiller systems. We will endeavor to continue instituting all possible means to alleviate the existing situation, even as we look forward to a better, cooler, MCIAA Terminal Building once the new chillers are installed.

NIGEL PAUL C. VILLARETE

General Manager/CEO

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

First one bridge out of service off and on for the next three months now the aircon is defective. Gona suck to be a tourist arriving there this summer.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

559335_3491821584926_74151107_n.jpg

New CEB proposal to replace the small aging terminal building.

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ya gotta love it ..... I can just see me going to my plant manager and telling him that they "have reached their reliable economic life and are currently inoperable thereby reducing the air-conditioning (A/C) capacity to 50%." ........ his first question to me would have been well why didn't you have them replaced OR REPAIRED before they broke down ...... guess I need to look for an new Chief Engineer ...... but as I have observed here in the Philippines there is no such thing as preventive maintenance .... after it has fallen apart and doesn't work ... then you look for a solution .... the old "close the barn door AFTER the mule gets out" .... :hystery: :hystery:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
but as I have observed here in the Philippines there is no such thing as preventive maintenance .... after it has fallen apart and doesn't work ..

You hit it right on the BULLS EYE. such a true statement

look at the power plants, the electrical system (network) water, etc etc,,,,,,

I still cant decide if its ",,,,," issue. cultural issue or ,,,,??

(sorry i not post any futher as it would be a RANT).

would someone who has lived here for a while Could you share your knowledge with us? enlighten us? So that we may know as to understand,

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
"have reached their reliable economic life

Simply means they run them until they couldn't run them no more. Locals tend to think it is foolish to throw something away that ain't broke yet so those a/c's have probably run 10 years longer than their manufacturers suggested life.

In some ways, when it comes to non essential services like air conditioning, I have no problem with that. When it comes to stuff like the electric infrastructure I start fuming. And yet, this is Philippines. We are not going to change it. Well actually I did change a small part by getting my own electrical generator for power outages.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Guess you guys never heard that the major CEB radar was down for a few months this year? It's back online now.

In Philippines preventive maintenance of goverment equipment is rare. There is no budget for it or the buget is used for "other" activity. On the plus side Filipinos are ingenious at keeping something limping along well past its normal useful life.

• Like 2