Johor Barhu Malaysia Via Singapore

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

Getting ready to leave for my visa run next weekend. I was wondering if anyone had gone to Singapore then to Johor Barhu to stay. I plan on being there for 5 days. I had a friend from the UK who did this often. Unfortunatly he passed away from a heart attack a few months ago so I can not ask him questions.

Thanks

simonh
Posted
Posted

Good evening-

Ready for the VISA run right- This is not a big issue from Spore-Johor (JB), I've been living here in JB for 5yrs, and the Spore-JB do most days with no hassle.

I would suggest once you arrive in from Changi-go direct to Queen Street there you can only get the taxi to JB, max price they charge is $50.00 Sing Dollars- the journey take around 1hr depends what time of day you go,weekends can be a nightmare-alternativley a bus or train go there but sometimes a lot of hassle if youve got luggage.

When you arrive in Malaysia no VISA is required your get stamped for 30-90 days all depends on how they feel.

Once in JB get a taxi to Permas Jaya area this will cost 20.00rm -in Permas Jaya (Mcdonalds) there are lots of budget hotels/ resturants/pubs etc... all very welcoming- the one that's easy is 8 days hotel opposite there are 3 main bars-Sportsbar/Mulligans & CoffeeTrap with Phill bands most nights- 5 days in JB your probably get bored but the foods OK and lots of expats to chat to!.

Anything else let me know-Simon

• Like 1

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

My flight arrives late at night on the weekend. I checked the Shuttle schedule and it appears that there will be no shuttle until around 7 am or so the next morning. Does the taxi take me to the Singapore side of the bridge? If so do I then walk across the bridge to the Maylasian side and go thru customs there as well?

I have hotel reservations already. It cost me the same amount to stay in Johor Barhu for 5 days as it would to stay 1 day in Singapore.

What is the rental rates like there for housing?

How does the visa extension work?

Thanks

simonh
Posted
Posted

the taxi can take you anywhere you want in JB- i.e go to Queen Street Singapore- tell the driver to JB they will then drop you at the taxi rank in JB centre (which is a bit dodgy at night)- or you can pay an extra fee he will directly take you to the hotel of your choice- no walking allowed ,it would take ages if you did as they have changed it all now.- remeber always a taxi with a meter- they will walk over you otherwise it's Malaysia one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

yep a lot cheaper in Johor-compared to Singapore hence why I work in Singapore but live in Johor.

Rental-Depends what you want a average condo around 1,500.00RM or 300.000GBP but im staying in a house which is 4,500.00RM per month but still lots cheaper than Singapore-

Visa-no visa required just a chop on your passport, the system is quite relaxed you don't need to fill out any forms now think they forgot to order more!

Simon