Help Out Here Guy Look For A Second Hand Book Store

Sydnet
Posted
Posted

my homework is all about nature of reading as: Neuro-Physiological Process, Language process, Cognitive process, Set of skills, Psycho-social Process, Developmental Process, and the 3 Alternatives of the reading process.

the book shop has to be in tacoban city philphiones second hand will do or new

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

my homework is all about nature of reading as: Neuro-Physiological Process, Language process, Cognitive process, Set of skills, Psycho-social Process, Developmental Process, and the 3 Alternatives of the reading process.

the book shop has to be in tacoban city philphiones second hand will do or new

I understand your request but these days most things are available online and one day the book will be something the younger generation will scratch their head about and wonder. :)

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Suggest you look in any Shoe Mart Mall. Each one that I have been to seems to have a "Discount" book store. Really just second hand books that are shipped in from the States.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

have you considered starting your TREASURE HUNT??

your looking or seeking these BOOKS. well why not start near or around the local universitys/colleges.

their should be several OLD BOOK/medical reference stores that could suit your needs.

several years ago. when I had some free time,

I found myself near University of the Far East(which was the induction center in late dec1941 for the us/rp troops) & several other schools as i was looking.walking around ,I found some old bookstores, not unlike the "SM" or discount 99pesos stores, BUT the real mc coy.

I must have spent an hour or more.

Found some good books.prewar.preindependence(1946) ,

what I ended up with was some junior/senior(philippine) high english literature books.

so i would be able to have some local(philippine) stories to read to my child & at the same time become "cultural' aware of the stories that i would have never learned elsewhere,

Simply amazing what wonders or surprises we can find by taking the OFF the beaten path where few of us would ever walk. :thumbsup:

Edited by Call me Bubba

Garpo
Posted
Posted (edited)

You might also want to look at some of the different book clubs in the Philippines. Most of these clubs can give you good information on where to find discount books and they also usually have a trade and share between members.

Here is a link to one you can look at

Edited by Garpo
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

There are various used book stores in the malls ...... Book Sale in SM on the lower ground floor is one ...... also in Robinson Fuente on the second floor (same name .... it is a chain) ..... my asawa goes there every week ......

• 3 weeks later...
crazykopite
Posted
Posted

2nd hand books are so expensive in Asia and due to climate conditions they tend to lose there pages and go damp. Last year I purchased a Kindle have to admit it was the best thing I ever did and you would be surprised how many free books you can get. I love cooking and have over 200 recipe books as well as crime fiction/ non fiction I am sure if you had a Kindle you could find what you need Good Luck !!

• Like 2