Help .... Please ... I've Lost A Store .... Lol

Mike S
Posted
Posted

A few weeks ago I decided to visit one of the hardware stores I went to a year ago .... we jumped in a taxi gave him the address and headed off ... arriving at the place I jumped out of the cab only to stand in disbelief as we were now in front of a new Fooda Supermarket .... the hardware store was gone ..... the location used to be near the Punta Macdoo and the Mosque ...... also down the road is the new Rustans (Shopwise) which by the way is a very nice brand new store and as of yet not crowded ..... there are new stores including a Moooon Cafe and a Don Merto's ...... as of right now they have a fairly good selection of cheeses .... at least better than I am accustomed to .......

Getting of topic here ...... anyway ..... I don't remember the name of the hardware store or where they could have moved to ..... it was pretty big so I can't imagine they just closed up shop ..... beside a good selection of tools and hardware they had a huge selection of furniture upstairs .... if anyone has any info on this please let me know .....

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Gee, Mike, it's a good thing I know you don't drink.... But to lose a store?

Must have been too many "Rusty Nail"s...! Or was it "Screwdrivers"?

Sorry.... I just couldn't resist... It was a Hardware store after all!

• Like 2

chrisandging
Posted
Posted

I think you maybe thinking of the ABCED hardware store, The owner was ambushed opposite the new Gaisano store In Tisa. They closed soon after.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

chrisandging ....... you may have something there as it has been over a year sense we were last there....... and I remember hearing about a guy getting ambushed outside Gaisano's Tisa but didn't know he owned the store ...... tried to find it in the phone book but couldn't remember the name of the store ...... thanks for that info ..... I figured something had to have happened as the store was much to big to just disappear ..... shame as the employees (especially in what was left of the wood section) was very knowledgeable about his job .....