Is It Possible; Australia To Cebu, Direct Flight?

tbrenn
Posted
Posted

Ive had a look and alot of the carriers fly to Singapore, KL, Manilla,or HK (lol) from Australia,,, before flying on to Cebu. What im after is that elusive direct flight,,, Aust.to Cebu,,, are there any?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum.

1. have your tried or attempted to look at some of the TRAVEL WEBSITES.

they still are a good,perhaps a great source of info regarding travel and even airline routes.

Cebu is not the best place to fly international unless its within the SE asia area.

HERE is the answer to your question listed below.

Airlines that fly to Mactan-Cebu International - Cheap flights

www.skyscanner.com.au/flights.../airlines-that...

Airlines with flights to Mactan-Cebu International listed at Skyscanner. The fastest way to ... No airlines flying direct from Australia to Mactan-Cebu International ...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

That is correct, there none but I fly Singapore airlines and only a few hours in Singapore airport and on to Cebu so suits me fine.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
What im after is that elusive direct flight,,, Aust.to Cebu,,

Australia is a mighty big place, could you be more specific on what city you plan to depart?

Sydnet
Posted
Posted (edited)

what about china eastern they have a stop over in singapore then fly shanghai let find a cheap airline that fly out of singapore second airport air cedu air tiger air asia scoot (own buy singapore airline ) china eastern http://en.ceair.com/ just stating flying to sydney gold cost now scoot www.flyscoot.com cedu air http://www.cebupacificair.com air asia http://www.airasia.com tiger air http://www.tigerairways.com jetstar http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/home

and the last malayia airline own but airasia zest air http://www.zestair.com.ph/index.php

Edited by SYDNET

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

yeah there is no direct flights, as suggested go to Singapore, Malaysia, Manila or maybe another Asian City. You can fly all at low cost on Jetstar direct to Manila from Sydney. If you live in Perth or Darwin it can be a lot cheaper to get to the Philippines. Once you get to Singapore or Manila etc then you can get to Cebu by PAL or Cebu Pacific and maybe some other airlines but they are the most serviced. Be careful when booking with cebu pacific as their prices are a lot more expensive than what they initially quote once they add on fees and taxes..

Edited by Adventurer

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Back in the eighties there used to be a direct flight Sydney to Cebu (Philippine Airlines). If memory serves me correctly it used to operate once a week on wednesdays.There was also talk of a direct flight Sydney to Davao but the idea was canned quickly along with the already operational flight to Cebu.

The most direct way to get to Cebu from Oz thesedays without too much messing around is as already mentioned, Singapore Airlines, also you could add Cathay Pacific to that,sometimes they have specials Syd or Bris to Cebu via HongKong.Some people choose to fly Philippine Airlines Syd or Mel to Manila direct and just transfer upstairs to the domestic Philippine airlines on to Cebu.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The most direct way to get to Cebu from Oz thesedays without too much messing around is as already mentioned, Singapore Airlines,

I know that many of my Aussie friends prefer Jetstar to Singapore and Cebu Pacific from Singapore to Cebu. Mainly because they are cheap buggers and that is the cheapest they can find . . at the moment. Cebu Pacific issued a press release recently that they intend to fly direct from Cebu to Australia in about 2 years. We wish them luck.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The most direct way to get to Cebu from Oz thesedays without too much messing around is as already mentioned, Singapore Airlines,

I know that many of my Aussie friends prefer Jetstar to Singapore and Cebu Pacific from Singapore to Cebu. Mainly because they are cheap buggers and that is the cheapest they can find . . at the moment. Cebu Pacific issued a press release recently that they intend to fly direct from Cebu to Australia in about 2 years. We wish them luck.

Without spending much time checking this, I did just do a check (jetstar) just on the Singapore and return from Brisbane Australia and the full cost was$1021 with no meals. So then add the Singapore to Cebu and return I don't see it could be much of a saving unless there happens to be some deal available. If your friends leave from Darwin its much cheap but not if one has to add a flight in to get there and one other time I tried to match up all the flight times and was a nightmare.

Edit

I see now that all Jetstar flights go to Darwin en route to Singapore. There was some cheaper prices on different dates and I guess if you like waiting at airports to catch the next flight then maybe there are some savings but I did not look at Singapore to Cebu and don't have time just now.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I spent 3 minutes looking for Melbourne to Singapore in August, return September . . 409.41 Aus $

You just live in the wrong part of Oz, Tom

Melbourne - Tullamarine to Singapore

Wednesday 15 Aug 2012 $219.00

Per adult passenger

Singapore to Melbourne - Tullamarine

Tuesday 11 Sep 2012 $190.41

Per adult passenger + $409.41

Per paying passenger

• Like 1