A Must View .... Unbelievable

Mike S
Posted
Posted

If you have never seen this miniature world before it is a unbelievable experience .... take a look ..... there are more videos on You Tube ....

http://devour.com/video/miniatur-wunderland/ .............

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I had seen it but I think this video has some more new things. My favorite detail is the radar camera that reminds me of my days in Germany and the 5 or 6 radar tickets I got!

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I remember the camera radar in Germany too though I never got caught... hehe!

If I ever get back to Germany, I will definitely have to go and see that! It is something I could spend days at while just reminiscing about my childhood! Of course I imagine it is like the rest of the country still - enjoy a nice cold beer while observing?

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Here is a video of santa's helpers decorating traffic cameras in Tempe, AZ

Just a bit of creative civil disobedience.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

If I ever get back to Germany, I will definitely have to go and see that! It is something I could spend days at while just reminiscing about my childhood! Of course I imagine it is like the rest of the country still - enjoy a nice cold beer while observing?

If you are driving there long enough you will get a radar ticket! All the towns have lots of cameras but honestly I did not mind it too much because as long as you are not more than 20 kph over the limit, it is a revenue system only and the fines are reasonable. I think every fine I got was 25 euro and you pay it through debit and there are no points on your record. Unlike the US where a few minor speeding tickets can lead to huge insurance increases and even loss of your licence. I had a Corvette and a Honda and all my tickets were in the Honda at low speeds! There was a tunnel right near my home in Bonn that had two cams in each direction and a ridiculously low limit. That tunnel accounted for 3 tickets! :bash:

Back on topic, yes, the miniature world is a must visit next time and I am sure they have plenty of beer there for the guests! :cheers:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

If you are driving there long enough you will get a radar ticket! All the towns have lots of cameras but honestly I did not mind it too much because as long as you are not more than 20 kph over the limit, it is a revenue system only and the fines are reasonable. I think every fine I got was 25 euro and you pay it through debit and there are no points on your record. Unlike the US where a few minor speeding tickets can lead to huge insurance increases and even loss of your licence. I had a Corvette and a Honda and all my tickets were in the Honda at low speeds! There was a tunnel right near my home in Bonn that had two cams in each direction and a ridiculously low limit. That tunnel accounted for 3 tickets! :bash:

Back on topic, yes, the miniature world is a must visit next time and I am sure they have plenty of beer there for the guests! :cheers:

I never got a single one...! Maybe it was just the time that I lived there they were a little slacker... Or they couldn't be bothered with cars that had license plates that said "Canada" on them? Oh well... My favourite car I had was an ancient Fiat - I can't remember what the model was but i think the Lada was based on it... It had the lovely brown primer paint and the seats were so worn out they looked like pantyhose with runs in them... At first we were scared to take it over 80 kph and then I finally got the nerve to hit 100 kph when I took it on the autobahn... When my daughter was born I went 3 days without sleep and just wanted to go home - my daughter was in Frieburg and I lived the other side of Baden - so when I hit the autobahn I opened it up... When I was doing well over 200 kph, I realized that I really liked that car!

And, yes, back on subject... it would be nice to have a cold German beer while looking at the minitures!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I never got a single one...! Maybe it was just the time that I lived there they were a little slacker... Or they couldn't be bothered with cars that had license plates that said "Canada" on them? Oh well... My favourite car I had was an ancient Fiat - I can't remember what the model was but i think the Lada was based on it... It had the lovely brown primer paint and the seats were so worn out they looked like pantyhose with runs in them... At first we were scared to take it over 80 kph and then I finally got the nerve to hit 100 kph when I took it on the autobahn... When my daughter was born I went 3 days without sleep and just wanted to go home - my daughter was in Frieburg and I lived the other side of Baden - so when I hit the autobahn I opened it up... When I was doing well over 200 kph, I realized that I really liked that car!

And, yes, back on subject... it would be nice to have a cold German beer while looking at the minitures!

Brings back exciting memories of trying to reach 300 KPH in the Corvette! I would get a bug in me on a boring late night and go out for some autobahn runs near Bonn, but the best I could do was 297 there. I finally reached 304 kph on the A31 near Netherlands, in perfect conditions, at night! Talk about white knuckles! My worst fear was that a deer would run out and I would be toast!