Strange Behavior

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Early last night while coming back from the beach we arrived a half of a block from our turn to our house . At this point I heard 5 gun shots sounded like a large caliber ? By the time we made it to the corner we where told someone had just been shot and there where people running towards the shooting as soon as the shots where heard ???? I mean if I hear shots my natural reaction is to take cover and remove myself from the area .

Another half a block down the road is my place. we got there unloaded the truck and it was reported that the man died . total elapsed time from hearing the shots to hearing the news he died maybe 3 or 4 minutes . Now my better half is very scared and refuses to walk anywhere thinking a chappy will save her from a random shooting ? Although there has been much gun related violence lately in Carcar I still feel safe but this may change if they can not find out who is doing all the shooting . The mayor is setting up CCTV as we speak with cameras covering the market and the city hall square and surrounding streets .

• Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted

What barangay was the shooting? I haven't heard anything about a shooting as yet and the bukid telegram is usually pretty solid around here ;-) BTW i'm in Guadalupe Carcar.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

It happened at the intersection by gaisano the motorbike corner . i have no further info except what I heard last night . I,m surprised you have not heard as the bamboo telegraph works very fast . I just heard the shots and seen people running towards the shots . I hope it was a false alarm but I,m afraid its not . I know the area behind there is a shabu hotspot because i live across the street

Americano
Posted
Posted

Running towards gun shots is just one example of people not sensing danger. Three more examples are people sitting on the tailgate of a truck or multicab not thinking about what will happen if the tailgate comes open. I see this every day. A passenger riding a motorbike sidesaddle not realizing that they can very easily fall off if the driver suddenly swerves or hits a large bump. And, people walking into the street or road without looking left and right first.

billten
Posted
Posted

So i talked to the guys who know what is happening (the habal habal drivers) and they all told me the same thing, the incident was a drug deal that went bad.

Americano
Posted
Posted

I haven't talked to anyone about the incident but drug related was my guess. I live in the area where the murder happened so I know there's a lot of drug use and deals going on here. We don't go outside at night if we can avoid it. Some of the drug addicts are up all night sitting outside and walking the streets. I will be happy when I can move away from here.