Pandora (Internet Radio) In Philippines?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Pandora works OK in Philippines? Seems I can't do without this now when I am online. :rolleyes:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Pandora works OK in Philippines? Seems I can't do without this now when I am online. :rolleyes:

I was wondering about this as well because Pandora is all I use at home here in the US, usually playing through my TVs, sometimes on the PC. How about other free internet services that are available on internet enabled TVs??

andre007
Posted
Posted

I was not able to use Pandora as I tried the other week and I kept getting "it is not offered in your country" message. I was disappointed so a friend ask me to try tune in as in tunein.com I believe.. Anyway I stayed up all night jammin the night away..

If anybody can get Pandora to work without proxies or anything please let me know..

MikeB
Posted
Posted

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I think a lot of this is going to depend on how you want to run Pandora! Are you using your computer, smart phone or something else? Smart phones and computers should work no problem (open source usually means no boundaries as well) but television will only be available with Google Services available in your area. And, before everybody tells me that it doesn't work? Check your settings and if you are being blocked by your provider!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

See what happens whey I open my big mouth without confirming something? This is available only in the US due to DMCA requirements. Initially just about anybody could get it but, since 2007, an American IP is required to register. Gee... How does one get an American IP without doing something like using a VPN...?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

could you explain what a "Pandora" is? what are the features?benefits of this? I ask.

as I dont know all about the various Features what the internet has to share/offer.

again thanks(in advance) from me & others who dont know what Pandora is.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Pandora is a web site that provides streaming audio. They host a service for a small fee and a free service with fewer option. I'm happy to just use the free service.

Think of it as a juke box. For example you can ask to hear County music or Classic rock or a specific artist. Pandora will play songs from the artist you like as well as other artists similar to your choice. If you hear a song you like you give it a thumbs up if you don't like it thumbs down. The program will fine tune what it provides over time with your input.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Pandora is a web site that provides streaming audio. They host a service for a small fee and a free service with fewer option. I'm happy to just use the free service.

Think of it as a juke box. For example you can ask to hear County music or Classic rock or a specific artist. Pandora will play songs from the artist you like as well as other artists similar to your choice. If you hear a song you like you give it a thumbs up if you don't like it thumbs down. The program will fine tune what it provides over time with your input.

And what I also like about it is that they have an app that runs on internet enabled TVs so I can use it on my TVs and especially the TV that is connected to my home stereo and my outdoor speakers! :thumbsup: Unfortunately this will all be my "former" home theater and outdoor speakers sometime soon!

• 2 years later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted

I use the TuneIn Radio Android App for my Samsung Smartphone. Works great for me. Let's me listen in to the basketball and football radio broadcasts for my favorite US college team. Works fine from the Philippines without using a VPN.