Good Bye Andy Griffith

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

US TV actor Andy Griffith dies at age 86

_61339388_61339382.jpg

The actor received the highest US civilian award in 2005

Andy Griffith, who portrayed a small-town sheriff on US 1960s sitcom The Andy Griffith Show, has died, aged 86.

Bill Friday, a friend of the actor, told local broadcaster WITN that Griffith had died in North Carolina.

Dare County Sheriff Doug Doughtie said in a statement Griffith had passed away around 07:00 EST (11:00 GMT) on Tuesday.

The actor received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest US civilian award, in 2005.

Born in Mount Airy, North Carolina, he starred in the popular comedy series as Sheriff Andy Taylor from 1960-68.

The show portrayed life in the quiet North Carolina town of Mayberry, where the sheriff had little crime to contend with. It spun-off several additional shows.

Griffith continued to act, gaining a second TV hit as defence lawyer Ben Matlock in the 1980s and 1990s.

He was nominated for a Tony award in 1956 and won a Grammy for his album of gospel hymns in 1996.

A very great actor indeed.

Good bye :attention:

• Like 2

Will
Posted
Posted

I didn't know him personally, but he seemed like a genuinely good person. I was just watching him, Barney, Aunt Bea, and Opie just yesterday. Coincidentally, I hadn't seen that show in years.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

So many celebrities, especially actors, think the world revolves around them, but not Andy. He never lost his down to earth charm and genuine likability. RIP Andy, you will be missed!

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

"When a man carries a gun all the time, the respect he thinks he's getting might really be fear. So I don't carry a gun because I don't want the people of Mayberry to fear a gun. I'd rather they respect me."

Thanks for the memories and laughs, Sheriff Andy.

• Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

The world lost a TV legend on Tuesday when Andy Griffith died at the age of 86 at his North Carolina home.

Before Griffith became a staple in American homes on The Andy Griffith Show and Matlock, however, the legendary actor actually enjoyed a successful stand-up comedy career.

Among Griffith's comedic masterpieces was his 1953 story What it Was, Was Football.

The monologue delivered by Griffith is told from the point of view of a rural backwoodsman trying to figure out what is going on at a football game.

Simple things that today's football fans are well aware of are called into question, and plenty of hilarity ensues. As mentioned, Griffith eventually enjoyed a lengthy TV career, but the football act will forever live on in classic comedy history. Check it out in the video below.

Read more at: http://www.nesn.com/...ater-video.html

A great link to (at least to me ) his most famous act, As i child I recall this, So funny indeed.

if your not an american maybe you get a "nose bleed" but I asure you that You will laugh :hystery: :hystery:

oNxLxTZHKM8

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I can remember being about 2 feet tall and not understanding much of what was happening in the world....

But I had to watch my "other family" in Mayberry every week... And then, later, to miss Matlock? Never!

I met him once (in a working capacity) and he was the most down to earth and humble celebrity I have ever come across... And being from Niagara Falls, I have run across quite a few!

I think we can all say we're going to miss Andy - and we will never forget him!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

If anyone is interested, today, July 4th, ME (Memorable Entertainment) TV in the US has Andy Griffith all afternoon. They are showing guest spots he did on various shows like the Mod Squad, Hawaii 5.0, etc. I would have preferred the good old Andy Griffith show as it would have been fitting for our July 4th Independence Day. :cheers:

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

No one in the media ever mentioned that in addition to all his successes as Sherrif Andy & Atty Matlock, he was also the head of a junkyard that launched a space ship called Salvage One and also a villin on the movie Spyhard. He was outstanding on those movies too.

Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 1