Safe Place To Live In Cebu

vfr
Posted
Posted

Thinking to retire to Phils in the near future. Can anyone advise the safer suburbs to live in Cebu. Any specific recommendations for secure gated communities/apartments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

VFR.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It would be helpful if you could be a bit more specific as to the size and budget. Do you want to live in the hills overlooking the city that could feature cleaner air and a view or near to the water or somewhat close in to the city?

• Like 1

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hello,

having lived in various parts of Cebu both in and out of gated subdivisions I have not really had many issues with regards to safety or theft except in one instance where I believe I was relieved of a camera, computer and a digital tape measure, strange they knew exactly where to go and I had my suspicions at the time (6 years ago).

I as you can see have a real estate company here and can advise on all sorts of area's depending on budget, personal preferences, location, do you need to be near certain local amenities etc... etc...

most subdivisions have security (of a kind) but not necessarily making an area or subdivision safer than any other area, safety is more about taking any usual steps that we would take in any other country, lock your doors, don't leave an empty house, have good reliable staff/helper, Don't upset people by acting like your not a guest in another's country. All simple steps and very logical, but for me Cebu in general is a safe place, just as safe as any other area in any other country.

I could name a long list of where and why to stay in certain area's but would rather get some more detail from you if that is Ok, If I start talking about different area's good or bad in my opinion on an open chat then for sure it could start off a whole random if, but, why chat that may even offend people if I don't particularly like one area or prefer this area to that one.

Please feel free to contact me on my email or through my new website which should be launched today or certainly within the next 48hrs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
lighthouse
Posted
Posted

My in-laws live in a gated community called Metropolis, in the Talamban area. It is fairly new, about 5 years I believe. Most of the home owners in the area are well off and security guards patrol the street at night. It is a nice suburb about 30mins from the main city center, with new express roads in the works. Some develpoments along the way are best avoided and some of them have become crowded. There is also Pristina North, also along the same highway but I think it is too pricey and too close to a densely populated development. Close by, on a mid range budget is Villa del Rio. Also a nice place to be in.