Visa Extension.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It is time to do my first extension. what is the extension period i can apply for initially, I will need at least 2/3 months do get my 13a Sorted out. Do i have to do the first extension for 38 days and then apply for the 2 months or can I apply for longer this time. I am awaiting some Documents from the UK but as usual, snail mail takes over.

I have to do this Thursday at the latest but would have liked to get it done Tomorrow Wednesday. help anyone. :unsure:

JP. :tiphat:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

After your first free 21 days on a tourist visa you need to go to BI to get your first renewal. It is the 38 day renewal.

Then you need to wait until 7 days before the 38 day renewal runs out before you can go back and get your next renewal, which is a 2 month tourist visa and it is the one where you also pay for your temp ACR card. The 'wait until 7 days before' part is right out of the mouth of the guy at the reception desk at the BI Mandaue but he then went on to say: Maybe you could come in up to 2 weeks before the 38 day visa expires if we are not busy, but definitely not now, as in cannot do the 38 day renewal and the next renewal at the same time.

I know guys who have renewed up to 30 days before their visa expires but you have to get the right official in the right mood "when they are not busy" *wink *wink

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Hi Jack, I am not nitpicking, But be sure to remember the visa is for 59 days and not 2 months, I made that mistake once and overstayed by a couple of days,When it came time for me to leave, The guy at checkin noticed and called his supervisor who wanted 4000p, I told him I didnt have any money and would send it to him by airmail, Which of course I didnt, The overstay should have only been about 500.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Hi Jack, I am not nitpicking, But be sure to remember the visa is for 59 days and not 2 months

Ahah! Nitpicking time.

The first 'visa free' period is 21 days and the first paid visa period is 38 days, That is probably where yo are getting your 59 days from. After that,each tourist visa renewal is good for two exact months. I have a passport chocker block full of stamps so here are some examples:

Dec 19 2011 . . renewed to

Feb 19 2012 . . renewed to

April 19 2012 . . renewed to

June 19, 2012

I think you get the picture.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hi Jack, I am not nitpicking, But be sure to remember the visa is for 59 days and not 2 months, I made that mistake once and overstayed by a couple of days,When it came time for me to leave, The guy at check in noticed and called his supervisor who wanted 4000p, I told him I didn't have any money and would send it to him by airmail, Which of course I didn't, The overstay should have only been about 500.

:thumbsup: Nice surprise this morning. Application in at 7.50am Dumaguete field office. Alien Control officer late in, so i picked the passport up duly Stamped at 9.15am Because the 38th day will be Friday 24th August, he gave me 3 extra days till the 27th Aug. Monday being a better day to ensure it does not run in to to an overstay. :) i enquired about my next extension and he said just come 8 days before and we will discuss if he can give me longer, Knowing i need to sort out the 13a he seems, to be Trying to help me here, You know this kind of restores my faith in certain Quarters. I might add, he knows absolutely nothing about any new rule on Onward Tickets, this seems to be quite a big talking point on another forum of Late.I am just glad to get this first Hurdle over and done with. next will be a PM to you Paul to see what we can sort out on th 13a issue if you have time.

Regards JP :tiphat:

• Like 3