Good Hotel In Sanciangko, Cebu City?

BrandonD
Posted
Posted

I am looking for a nice hotel in Sanciangko. Not super fancy, but: clean, air conditioned, room service, a friendly staff, quiet, etc. Does anyone have any good recommendations? I want it to be in this area because it will be close to my girlfriends university (Southwestern), as she will be commuting most days. $20-40 dollars a night would be pretty ideal for me.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows of something off-hand.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

That's the Colon area, I think. Your idea and mine will be different on what constitutes a 'good' hotel but your price range is accurate. You will find many hotels in the area for 700 to 900 a night, byob (bring your own bugspray)

The one I stay at has monthly rates in the 15 to 20K range or daily at 700 to 900 pesos. I don't recommend any of the hotels in that area as 'good' hotels but the price is right. Here is a link to a review of the one I stay at CebuView Tourist Inn

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298460-d1547001-Reviews-CebuView_Tourist_Inn-Cebu_City_Cebu_Visayas.html

• Like 2

BrandonD
Posted
Posted

Thank you, my girlfriend tells me renting an apartment in the area is a good way as well. Something around 6.5k for a month with all the amenities. I might go this route.

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

I stayed at the GV Hotel my first week in CEBU. Very convenient, safe, etc.. Its in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Colon area but very convenient one ride to Fuente etc. Elizabeth mall is walking distance as is all the hub bub of colon and metro gaisano etc.. My room was a single and it was tiny.. but it was clean with TV etc..

Google it. have fun.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I stayed at the GV Hotel my first week in CEBU. Very convenient, safe, etc.. Its in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Colon area but very convenient one ride to Fuente etc. Elizabeth mall is walking distance as is all the hub bub of colon and metro gaisano etc.. My room was a single and it was tiny.. but it was clean with TV etc..

Google it. have fun.

GV Hotels is also having random P1 sales - overnight stay for only P1. Of course, as it is random, you have to get it hit or miss on your dates. They also have an email list you can sign up for to be notified when they are having these random P1 sales - and which is a nice little marketing ploy to get people to stay there. Still their prices are pretty low to start with.

• Like 2

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

I am looking for a nice hotel in Sanciangko. Not super fancy, but: clean, air conditioned, room service, a friendly staff, quiet, etc. Does anyone have any good recommendations? I want it to be in this area because it will be close to my girlfriends university (Southwestern), as she will be commuting most days. $20-40 dollars a night would be pretty ideal for me.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows of something off-hand.

Sanciangko is possibly the sleaziest and dirtiest street in Cebu City. It has several Filipino run bikini bars and at night time it is where you will find pimps and freelance prostitutes.The most famous bikini bar on Sanciangko is Bottoms Up. It is named for the bar in the James Bond movie, the Man with the Golden Gun. It is also the location of the short time hotel called Sogo. If you don't know the meaning of short time, send me a PM.

You will find it hard to spend usd $40 per night on a hotel in Sanciangko Street. For Sanciangko Street, the nicest hotel is Cebu View Tourist Inn. You will get a good room for about P1000 per night.

One very good feature of Sanciangko Street is the Our Place Bar

http://ourplacebarcebu.com/

It is right across the road from the Cebu View.

I personally stay around the corner from the Cebu View, at the Cebu Century Hotel. I have been staying there off and on since 1995. Room prices start at P600. They have deluxe family rooms for P1100 per night. In case it is of interest to you. Here is my video of a deluxe family room on youtube

http://youtu.be/e8Y2MIkIAHI

• Like 1

BrandonD
Posted
Posted

So I have a few decent choices! Thank you Dave, Sam, Bob, and Jim for the helpful replies. My girlfriend tells me that Roseate Pensione is a nice one close to her school as well, it is around the same price point as the ones listed here. http://www.roseatepensione.com/location.html

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
My girlfriend tells me that Roseate Pensione is a nice one

Forgive my nosiness but: How would she know. Does she stay at a lot of hotels or pension houses. Is it a sign that she sees on her way to school. Just wondering as my other half would have no clue what a good hotel or pension house for a foreigner would be.

BrandonD
Posted
Posted

No problem. She didn't know. I asked her to go after school and scout around for me. She went into a few hotels, took tours of the rooms, and brought me back brochures. Before doing so, she didn't have any sort of recommendation for me. Actually, I was in a PhilAm relationship before and I was hurt really bad, so I appreciate your point on the subject.

• Like 1