Whats With The Egg Shells And Bone Fragments

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Let me preface by admitting I don't cook. I know how to feed myself but that does not make me a cook.

In Canada, I was fortunate that many, many of my friends, acquaintances and family members loved to cook. I was spoiled, I guess. The point is, not one of them, nor any restaurant that I remember, ever served me food with egg shells still in it, or fish bones still in it, or shards of pork bone in the meat.

And yet, in the Philippines, I have yet to find a restaurant or a cook who can consistently serve food to me without a piece of eggshell in the pancake, or a fish bone in the boneless fish dish, or a shard of pork bone in the meat dish. What the heck. Why do they do that?

I'm not saying that every meal has a bit of crap in it. But just when you start to relax and believe that the person or restaurant you like has got the hang of it, you chomp down on a bit of trash and it spoils the meal.. Grrrrrrrrrrr. And as I mentioned in the beginning there is absolutely no need for it.

I've probably complained about this before and I will do so again, but obviously it has not happened often enough to force me to learn cooking skills, just enough to piss me off from time to time.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well it should be complained about!

Not that it will do any good - but it needs to be said. :tiphat:

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Geeeeee Dave ..... I have never had that problem where I eat ..... but then if I found egg shells and fish and meat bones in my Mcdoo Big Mac ...... I would be p*ssed too ..... :hystery: :hystery: ..... sorry I couldn't resist ..... but seriously the only restaurant I eat in is Casa Verda and I only have the surf & turf .... I have ate in other restaurants but not that many .... I prefer to eat at home where I know what I'm getting .... :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I prefer to eat at home where I know what I'm getting

That's what got me started.

My Significant Other . . and any maids we have had in the past, are all the same when it comes to not caring about the small stuff, like fish bones, egg shells, corned beef orts in the coffee. Nobody here takes cooking as an art to be mastered. Its just a chore to be done. Its my personal attitude and why I don't like cooking but, in the past I have been spoiled by people who actually enjoy serving food that people will salivate over.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well although my asawa can eat and enjoy a whole milkfish bones and all she would never serve me any with bones when she serves me some she always picks out ALL the bones and I mean ALL .... when we first got together I told her right up front that I HATE fish bones .... when I find one that's the end of eating fish for me that night and it will probably be no fish for a month ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ....... may stem from when I worked in hospitals .... I saw a lot of people brought in with fish bones caught in their throat .... all the Doc would do is take slice of light bread make it in to a ball and have them swallow it ..... but I think for me the stigma is still there .... :lol:

• Like 3