Quota Visa In Manila?

dsphilip
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is it possible to obtain a Quota Visa in Manila? If so, does anybody have the name and contact details ( Edited by forum Manager) A free case of San Mig (Pilsen or Light) to anyone who can help. TXS.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Is it possible to obtain a Quota Visa in Manila? If so, does anybody have the name and contact details ( Edited by forum Manager) A free case of San Mig (Pilsen or Light) to anyone who can help. TXS.

As a forum policy we do not condone certain things or ways to do things. There are proper ways of doing things that wont bite you in the rump one day. Oh I guess my post is worth a case? :)

billten
Posted
Posted

I know you think i'm crazy, but with all the changes i have seen at BI over the last few years i would walk in to BI and just ask. What is the worst thing that can happen?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
What is the worst thing that can happen?

For me that would be a high pressure, corrupt agent who smells blood in the water from a foreigner who does not know his rights and puts the touch on you to give him a lot of money so he can 'help you' and that puts you in the position of going along to get along or turning the guy in and getting in the middle of something you really don't want to be in the middle of. But that's just me. I like to know my rights ahead of time.

• Like 2

billten
Posted
Posted

Agreed, but if what you hear at BI sounds fishy, just walk away.

• Like 1

Duma
Posted
Posted

Yes it is possible to get a Quota Visa in Manila as that is where I got mine.........If your not married to a Filipino you apply for the 13 Quota visa.....If married you apply for a 13a visa which is quite cheap.

I applied with the aid of my Attorney directly with the BI in Manila in 2007.

Its not cheap these days for the Quota visa and they have 50 slots per country per year.

1st you need to get a Psychiatic test or clearance........I don't know how I passed that

2nd NBI Clearance

3rd Quarantine Clearance which is stamped in your passport.....I was located in dumaguete so had to go to Cebu for that.......its a medical checkup chest X-rays, blood test etc, etc

4th Enough money in a local bank account to support yourself about $50,000 US and a letter from the bank to prove it.....don't worry about that once its approved you can withdraw it out the next day.

All in all it cost me just under 100,000 peso's at the time......which included fee's for all above and air tickets back and forth to Manila and accommondation for 3 days in Manila for processing.....and I got ripped off paying that amount as I heard other people paid about 50,000php for the visa at the same time.....You wil get a offical receipt from the BI for about 15,000php I think it was....something like that..........where does the rest go??????in someones pocket.

If you are going to live here permanently being single and don't plan on getting married its well worth it......I don't know how much it cost to extend your 59 day visa for the year but I think its about 23,000php per year all up don't quote me.......so for the last 5 years I'm in front already as I only pay 310php per year to the BI.....and I don't have to leave the country after 16 months.

The bad news last I heard they where asking 250,000 to 280,000php for the Quota 13 visa....it depends which officer you get at the BI in Manila.

Good luck

• Like 2

shiredevon
Posted
Posted

Yep everything the previous poster said is true, it's virtually impossible to get one via the proper method, people will tell you wildly differing prices, easier to get married hehe.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I wonder if that is still true....

With all the changes that have taken place with the BI, I think the corruption there is disappearing for good...

Which means that you should be able to get your 13 at the proper cost.

Does anybody have any current experieince?

• Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted

YES. as long as you comply with all the requirements. NO UNDER THE TABLE NOW FOR QUOT VISA. There is CONSOLIDATED PAYMENT POLICY NOW IN BI. means you need to pay the filing until the implementation and ICARD whether you visa is APPROVED OR DISAPPROVED. during your filing unlike before that you will pay only filing then after you get approve you will pay the implementation and ICARD> Applicable also to those 13'as, TRV, RECOG, DUAL, 9g, applicants.

• Like 3