How Does This Work?

newboy
Posted
Posted

I've been looking for a personalised registration for my car and then came across these

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/5895160/COMMEMORATIVE+PLATES+AUTHENTIC+NO+CODING?referralKeywords=personal+plate&event=Search+Ranking,Position,1-8,8

I would love to have no coding, but surely these can't be legal?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I've been looking for a personalised registration for my car and then came across these

http://www.sulit.com...,Position,1-8,8

I would love to have no coding, but surely these can't be legal?

Who knows? but we are in the Philippines, so anything can happen. :tiphat:

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

These are Commemorative plates they are available in many forms BUT only for a front plate I know someone who has the PNP plate .

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

these plates yes you can have on the front of your car, name your self whatever...attorney, doctor, PNP, NBI, Pink Panther (oh no this one you can't...LOL)....but only in the front of the car. You can as well buy special plates with 4 letters and 2 numbers or similar combinations and have them in both front and back.

None of them though exclude you from the coding system, the first ones they used to but not anymore.

oh yes the plates with single number 8 exclude you from everything but make sure you are a senator or the car belongs to one otherwise you are looking for deep troubles :)

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Cool !!!

I can get a licence plate that reads "IAMB08" !!!

:mocking: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Cool !!!

I can get a licence plate that reads "IAMB08" !!!

:mocking: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Possible; but would rust out quick with no paint on top to match your head. :hystery: sorry :mocking:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

for those that are even Considering a way to By-pass the color-coding or to have a "special plate" read this article closely and then REMEMBER your not a native(local)

is it worth the extra $$ and hassles??

MANILA, Philippines

The Philippine National Police Highway Patrol Group (PNP-HPG) on Saturday reminded owners of private vehicles to refrain from using commemorative plates to skirt the number coding system in Metro Manila and avoid being stopped for traffic violations.

Chief Supt. Leonardo Espina, PNP-HPG chief, said replacing a vehicles front license plate with a commemorative plate is a violation of Republic Act No. 4136, the Land Transportation and Traffic Code of the Philippines.

As a general rule, commemorative plates should be placed side by side or on top of the original license plate, Espina told reporters in an interview.

Commemorative and special plates are not meant to excuse anyone from traffic rules, especially the number coding system being implemented in the metropolis, he said.

The PNP-HPG has been receiving complaints about the abuse of commemorative plates by motorists.

Among the subject of complaints were vehicles with NBI@75? plates which the National Bureau of Investigation issued ahead of its 75th anniversary in November.

While the use of special plates is authorized, Espina said motorists should not abuse the privilege and always respect traffic rules.

Last year, the PNP-HPG launched a nationwide crackdown on vehicles with unauthorized commemorative plates after President Aquino expressed his disgust over abusive motorists using sirens.

Espina said he had directed all PNP-HPG units to intensify their operations against the illegal use of commemorative plates even as he urged the public to report violations.

Espina also reminded his men to observe the 10-point guideline issued by Justice Secretary Leila de Lima in the conduct of checkpoint operations.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
newboy
Posted
Posted

That's really helpful thanks.

I guess I'll stick to getting one of the personalised plates. I see quite a few 3 letters and 2 numbers, does anyone know where to buy?