Metrobank

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I saw some comments praising Metrobank so I might consider an account there. I got this from Xoom today and I thought I would pass it along. I hope it is Ok to post it like this. I just copied from my mail.

ph_xm_metrobank_500x500_en.jpg

Transferring money to the Philippines just got much faster and convenient when you use Xoom and Metrobank.

Learn More.

Comparte:

sn_facebookLike.gif sn_twitterTweet.gif

Xoom Corporation, 100 Bush Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94104

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I was looking at a bunch of banking info the other day and saw Metrobank and Xoom. It looks pretty good (obviously I have not used it yet). For bank USD transfers it is a $5 fee too send and because of the exchange rate you lose about $6 per $200. So realistically it is about a $12 fee, all in. Kind of looks ok to me.

Kind of on the same topic - does anyone use Paypal between accounts? E-Bay bought them and it is a good service here in the States. Reasonable enough fees and you can use a Paypal credit card to access the money or transfer to the bank of your choice. But I don't know if they do international very well.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

A former girlfriend once tried to send money from her Taiwan PayPal account to her Canadian bank account. They promptly deducted the amount requested from her account and then sent her a general information email that they do not send money to overseas accounts. That was about 4 years ago and she is still fighting with them to put the money back into her account. Even if PayPal in other countries say they can do it, I wouldn't want to take the chance with them!

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

PayPal started out as a very good service but I don't trust them anymore. There have been too many cases where they will find some small excuse to freeze your account and basically steal your money. The below search had 142,000 search results:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=paypal+stole+my+money&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

• Like 1