Airport Terminal Fees (A Win For Us)More Money For Your Honey

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

According to a manilatimes news article .

Airport terninal fees, at least here at NAIA Manila will no longer be paid in person but will be included in the ticket price,

Good job MIAA maybe now you will have a increase of earnings and make it easier for travelers

STARTING today, domestic terminal fees will be included in plane tickets to make flights more convenient for travelers.

The change will shorten departure procedure at the domestic airport, benefitting millions of people who travel via Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) terminals 2, 3 and 4.

The P200 terminal fee will be paid and collected upon purchase of airline tickets via Internet booking, airlines’ ticket offices, and ticketing or travel agents.

The Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) reported that the number of domestic travelers passing through the NAIA terminals reached 8.43 million in 2011, compared to 7.37 million in 2010.

Meanwhile,

Philippine Airlines (PAL) advised passengers that the terminal fee will be included in its domestic-flight tickets issued on or after August 1.

But passengers holding tickets issued before August 1 should bring a copy of their e-ticket or itinerary receipt and pay the terminal fee at MIAA-designated counters in NAIA terminal 2.

Holders of unused tickets that already include the P200 fee may get a refund within one year from the day the ticket was issued.

http://philnews.com/headlines/2012/headline_news_0801ag.htm

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Good it`s about time they did this. One less time to queue up and try to find change.

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

And it WILL happen when? Same same....30 day Visas on arrival? Sorry, Cynical old fool me.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Just imagine... Throw away tickets just went up!

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Just imagine... Throw away tickets just went up!

I believe Bob is correct. I had a good laugh after reading his one liner. Premature cheering. The terminal fee never really went away. They just realized it is cheaper and less hassle if you make the airlines do the work for you. In addition, the government will collect more money because of the throw-away tickets.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted
Holders of unused tickets that already include the P200 fee may get a refund within one year from the day the ticket was issued.

Probably p300 effort to get the p200 back?

• Like 3

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

The booths are still there. You still have to pay at the booth if your ticket was bought before 1st August.

• Like 1