Update On The Visa Waiver

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

My contact informed me the reason the change from 21 to 30 days visa was never implemented is because the private sector representatives and government inter-agency committee continue to meet on the subject. Many countries in Asia already have 90 days visa waiver programs. Others like Vietnam, which has a thriving tourism industry, is also moving towards 90 days.

The target is to announce and implement the new visa waiver program before Christmas. Let's keep our fingers crossed this happens. I don't think it will be 180 days as orginally suggested, but 90 days is much better than the current 21 days.

Edited by JJR
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My contact informed me the reason the change from 21 to 30 days visa was never implemented is because the private sector representatives and government inter-agency committee continue to meet on the subject. Many countries in Asia already have 90 days visa waiver programs. Others like Vietnam, which has a thriving tourism industry, is also moving towards 90 days.

The target is to announce and implement the new visa waiver program before Christmas. Let's keep our fingers crossed this happens. I don't it will be 180 days as originally suggested, but 90 days is much better than the current 21 days.

:hystery: I sit and Wonder, if we will get a refund, on our Extensions. :no: OH Well just a Thought.

:tiphat:

• Like 2

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Some other Asian countries seems to have even better plans:

Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar And Vietnam, On A Single Visa. :thumbsup:

(in The World Events forum)

• Like 1