Mobile Eyewear Recorder

Mike S
Posted
Posted

What a nice way to say spy glasses .... :hystery: ..... anyway at the end of this dribble you will find a link on a youtube video on how to use these damn things as the instructions just plain suck ..... I wish I had had this video before we went all the way to Ayala and spent 1 1/2 hours walking around taking videos because when we got home .... guess what .... not a damn thing on the SD card (hummmmm did I post about a camera I had that I also did understand the directions to with the same results happening ..... yea I did) ...... sooooooo it is back to the drawing board .... I did however get it to work the night before but have no idea how .... well know I know .....

I got the unit in JO YO Marketing right near the Globe office in E-Mall .... they also have 3 other stores in and around Colon ..... price was p2600 and had to buy a SD card ... 8g for p580 .... now here's the rub .... first set was lopsided and didn't fit my head .... returned them and when I got home the second set would not charge .... the 3rd set however seems to work (if you remove me from the picture that is .... :mocking: ) now I don't blame the Chinese guy selling them because I didn't bother to have them checked before I bought them .... got to lax in my purchases as I haven't had anything go wrong in a long time .... and just when you let your guard down sh*t happens .....

The SD card was marked SanDisk with box and adapter to match but the mini SD didn't say SanDisk but instead Star ..... OK ... I put a program I have that reads both SD and Thumb Drives and loads them up to check to insure that they are indeed what the label says and it came back as 78990 something so I know it is good as they will never come back as 80000 ..... when I asked the girl in the store about it she said "Class 1 ... sir" ... which means a knock off copy .....

Anyway trying to get the instructional video loaded but it says I don't have permission so I guess I have to find it on YouTube again .... I saved it to my computer but as I said above I don't have permission to download it here .....

Hopefully I can post a video or two from the cam ..... but who knows ..... only the wild goose knows ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :attention:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Old shaky hands here... I just gotta get me one of those!

:mocking:

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Good you are staying entertained with them. If it is a "Class 2" SD card, it may not work to well. The card will not be able to be written to fast enough. I have a "Class 4" 8GB in mine. I cannot find it but there was a review on these little recorders about the crappy recording rates. The review changed to more positive when he switched to a Class 4. It was more consistent with the frame rates of capture.

Definitely agree on instructions included with them, not much. When learning to use mine I had a whole bunch of video of when I thought it was not recording. :hystery:

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Definitely agree on instructions included with them, not much. When learning to use mine I had a whole bunch of video of when I thought it was not recording.

I also noticed that the very same glasses come in a variety of prices and with different accessories ..... one I saw even had a remote control ..... some with CD disks .... some with replaceable lenses ... clear lenses (which I like for inside a building) and tinted ..... a separate charger that plugs into the wall .. etc.

FlyAway ..... mine plugs into my USB port for charging and the little red light blinks ..... how long does it take to charge .... I've had mine plugged in for several hours (10) and it is still blinking ..... will it shut off when it gets fully charged or not ..... thanks

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Attached is the miniscule instructions mine came with.

DVR Sunglasses.pdf

As you have discovered, there are many different versions of these things. Mine is currently plugged into the USB port. I get a solid Red LED located right at the Micro USB port. About 2 inches away from the Port, I have a slow flashing green light.

When I access the SD Card and play the recorded video, The Red LED flashes.

Off the USB plug and press the back button the Red LED is solid. Mine that means ready. Press the front button quickly and it is recording. Press quickly again and it is back in standby. Hold down the front button for a few seconds and it record sound only. Green LED flashes during all recording.

I have never left it plugged in for more than a few hours. It does seem to charge up quickly. I have even used a 5v usb wall adapter to charge.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yup ... that's the same useless piece of crap instructions I got ..... :hystery: :hystery: ..... I guess my main question is when you plug in the usb cord to charge the unit the red blinking led light comes on but never goes out or quits blinking until I remove the usb cord .... is the that normal .... should the blinking light stop after it has charged or does it just keep blinking and you have to assume it is fully charged ..... :mocking:

OK just reread your reply .... when I plug in the USB I get a flashing red light right above the plug-in ..... and no flashing green light ( I assume down by where the side folds) the flashing red light never goes off untill I disconnect the USB plug ..... I hope I can figure this out before my 7 day replacement expires ..... I do have a 60 days fix-it guarantee but you know how that goes ..... :hystery: :hystery:

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

To bad Meritline does not ship to Philippines. They offer a better return policy.

http://www.meritline...---p-45792.aspx

General Return Policy:

• Return for refund within 30 days
  • Return for replacement within 180 days

• Like 1