Golf Clubs - To Bring, Or Not To Bring?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Any golfing members out there who can offer some equipment advice?

I have not golfed for over 10 years but I hope to resume after I get settled in over in Phils. I was a decent golfer and I think I was around 18 handicap when I stopped playing.

I still have my equipment and I am debating whether to bring it, or sell if for a few bucks and start fresh in Phils. I have some decent knock off irons, 3 Taylormade metal woods (old style, not oversize), and one oversize driver that was a gift. I used to hit the heck out of the Taylormades and of course I was also very capable of hitting it very far out of bounds! :hystery:

If I bring them it will cost me around $150 either as excess baggage or BB box. I can probably sell them to a friend for $100 or so??

Options:

1. Bring um

2. Buy new in US and bring

3. Buy new in Phils

So, I guess my main question is, what is the cost and availability of equipment in Phils? I suspect the cost is higher than the US, based on a putter that my girlfriends brother wanted us to get for him. How about custom fit knock offs? That is my irons were and that worked well for me without incurring outrageous costs.

Thanks for any tips!