The Lto

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey what else can you say ..... well I got my plastic drivers license today and it was almost painless .... as MikeB posted about getting his license in Mandaue I thought I would be a bit different and get mine in Mactan .....

First off I decided to take my drug test in an approved LTO lab in SM (Prime Care Cebu) I like my creature comfort so I sat my plump butt on the nice soft cushions and waited my turn ...... the people were really nice and polite and it is aircon .... :hystery: .... took a tad bit longer as we had to register and be finger printed as well as mug shot for their records .... if I use their services again I don't need to go through that (they do all types of other lab work besides) price was p400 .... out in about 1 hour .....

Deciding to go to Mactan we left at about 7:30am this morning .... got there and went to the lady IC (in charge) .... she told us what we would need but we already had all that stuff

1) US license (your country's) and 1 copy (front and back)

2) Passport and one copy (front and last BI stamp)

3) ACR I and 1 copy (front and back)

Also needed was your pee test (which we had) ......and physical (not yet)

She then told us that we would have to wait until the LTO Chief arrived to do my interview .... and he/she didn't get there until after lunch ... WTF ... I was supposed to sit around for 4 hours and wait to be interviewed and then go through the normal waiting to get your license ..... no way Jose ..... so we hopped a cab over to Mandau ....

First thing was the Physical .... doctor took one look at the size of my penis and told my asawa the cuff would not fit ..... I already knew that .... ever sense I was 30 years old I had to use an extended cuff ..... so she asked my what my BP was .... luckily I had just taken it this morning (do it once a week) so I told her .... she also wrote the weight and height I had put down on the LTO application form I found on the web .... yup ... quite a physical ..... :mocking: ..... oh and I wear glasses and have for a number of years .... was not given an eye test and there is NO RESTRICTION on my license ..... go figure .... :lol: ..... cost for physical ..... p100

Back across the street to the LTO office and to the evaluator (a very nice young lady that treated us like a king) she took all our info and it was time to sit .... and sit .... and sit some more (remember we got there late) ..... anyway called to take 1st picture .... called to take 2nd picture ... there is more waiting between pictures .... :hystery: ..... called to the cashier window and paid p617.63 ....... another wait and they called me to sign and pick up my official plastic LTO drivers license ..... we were out by noon ..... and here I had bought a sandwich ..... water and snacks .... all during this process the young lady would check on the progress and let us know where we were in the loop ..... I tried to find her as we were leaving to thank her for her kindness but she had gone to lunch ..... :angry:

OK another notch in my gun and one more task completed ..... :dance: ..... now we can look for a vehicle in earnest ..... :tiphat:

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nice post Mike!

Now if I hear that you are taking lessons so you can learn to drive like a native Filipino.....

:mocking:

reason for edit! forgot my smiley face! I need a coffee.... I'm out of coffee... it's raining... :morning1:

Edited by i am bob
  • Like 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Thank you Mike S for taking the time to explain step-by-step. :th_thanx:

Very useful for many, I think.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Thank you Mike S for taking the time to explain step-by-step. Very useful for many, I think.

Ditto Mike! Thanks for the post!

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks guys hope it will help someone .... here is a copy of the exact requirements and fees ..... sorry forgot I had kept a copy ..... don't think this will change in the near future as this has been in effect sense 1/04/2010 ..... but you never know ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

I don't think the TIN tax number is required .... at least they never asked for mine ..... I would like to get one sometime but for now I have no use for one ....

post-11-0-72181700-1344643304_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike S

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

And remember....

......His experience is what was needed that day at that particular time, in that particular LTO office by that particular LTO personell. Your experience will be completely different and the fees will also be different. Why? We all know why....It's more fun in the Philippines.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

His experience is what was needed that day at that particular time, in that particular LTO office by that particular LTO personell. Your experience will be completely different and the fees will also be different.

True, eg, there was no "physical" required when I got mine at the same office a year ago.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well maybe I used the wrong term ..... for physical (guess I should have used the term MEDICAL ..... MY MISTAKE) I meant ... weight ... height ... blood pressure and eye exam ...... as to them charging what they want they have the paper that I attached above so I doubt as to them charging what ever they want and as I said it was printed in Dec. 04, 2010 so the fees have not changed sense then ..... if you have to pay more than you have extenuating circumstances and have to be dealt with accordingly ..... and if you desire to pay for special handling that could happen but I doubt it ,,,,,, the cashier nor other personnel have direct contact with you ..... only the security guard and evaluator will inter act with you personally ..... everyone else is behind a glass window with a hole cut in it .....

Yes other than the cost and requirements everything else in my post could be changed at any given time at any given day ..... especially if you have a bad attitude when dealing with locals ..... but I guess that can be expected .....

You know NOT EVERYTHING here in the Phils is regulated by bribes and corruption ..... throughout my dealings with people here for my marriage ..... 13a and now drivers license I have not had to bribe anyone nor pay any excessive fees above what was actually required to anyone or thing ..... if you do your homework and know what you are doing and what is required of you you will be fine ..... but if you go stumbling around in the dark expect some people will take advantage of you ...... (but that goes for anywhere anytime any place .... not just here in the Phils) and this is why I try to relate what has happened to me so others can make their own adjustments for their own situation ..... so say la vie ...... and least you will know IT CAN BE DONE ....... :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
First thing was the Physical .... doctor took one look at the size of my penis and told my asawa the cuff would not fit ..... I already knew that ...

You sure it was not your arm he was looking at ? :)

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You dirty ol' man I had to read you post 5 times before I bothered to read what you supposedly quoted.... that was a good one ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 1