Pesky Return Tickets

dalidali
Posted
Posted

At least with departures from the USA.....there is rarely a physical copy of an airline ticket.

Myself and millions of others do the "electronic" ticket.....which is no ticket at all really.

Just show your ID (normally a passport for international travel) and bingo.....your good to board.

So when I arrive at NAIA and the immigration officer wants to see my onward ticket.....I have none!!..... It's "electronic"

Is it safe to assume that a print out of an itinerary would suffice as showing a return ticket?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

At least with departures from the USA.....there is rarely a physical copy of an airline ticket.

Myself and millions of others do the "electronic" ticket.....which is no ticket at all really.

Just show your ID (normally a passport for international travel) and bingo.....your good to board.

So when I arrive at NAIA and the immigration officer wants to see my onward ticket.....I have none!!..... It's "electronic"

Is it safe to assume that a print out of an itinerary would suffice as showing a return ticket?

In a word NO, your itinerary will not say amount paid . This is what they want to see. Now did you print out your E ticket. this will have a Ticket number on it. It may be electronic but it is never the less, an actual ticket I Have attached what it would look like. You may still be able to print this from your itinerary details.

:tiphat:

post-2148-0-26837100-1344609425_thumb.pn

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Yep I got one of those.......so that will do the trick?.....ok good thanks

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:541:

Sure thing. :) sounds like you had it all the time? :thumbsup:

• Like 1

dalidali
Posted
Posted

:541:

Sure thing. :) sounds like you had it all the time? :thumbsup:

I did....you caught me!!!!!....but I was unsure if that was good to go as far as the pesky "return ticket" issue is concerned

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Hi all, just had an incident travelling from Bkk to Angeles. Cebu Pacific insisted we have a return ticket, even though I had a ticket from Bkik to Australia for later.

I believe this is a rort being played by airlines to increase their sales, as we were never questioned or asked about a return ticket at either Phils or Bangkok by Immigration, any thoughts on this please.;

Also could I get some advice as to what options are available to me to stay and retire in Phils. Currently required to return to Australia from time to time for pension reasons, but cannot live there on the pension. Not tomention that I love it in Philippines.

Can I apply for a 12 month multiple entry visa in Australia for Philippines, as I can for Thailand, if not what options are there for me. Any advice appreciated, not including getting married, as that is not on the agenda.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Cebu Pacific insisted we have a return ticket, even though I had a ticket from Bkik to Australia for later.

The requirement is an onward ticket out of the Philippines. This ensures you at least have the means to leave the country when the time comes.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There was a time when I entered the country with a printout of the email confirmation of my e-ticket. The immigration officer plugged in the dates and/or flight numbers or something into his computer. Twice he tried, then he shook his head and let me go. He could tell there was a flight on the date and time that my confirmation showed, but I guess he could not find me on the passenger list (I am guessing about that last part).

I realized that next time it would be wise NOT to cancel my exit flight until AFTER I had got past the immigration :wasntme:

• Like 1