Moving To Cebu Advice

din1184
Posted
Posted

I want to move my Family to the Philippines.

prefer:

-Plenty of nice beaches for snorkling/diving/fishing/

-Laidback country living

-fairly clean town like Davao(not like Manila) No offence.

-Near major city(within 45min - 1hr.) for easy access to medical needs/Malls/movie theaters etc...

-decent schools(Primary secondary)

-good food/seafood

I thought was thinking of Alcoy or Argao towns in Cebu. Bohol seems ok too.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Have you thought of the west coast of the island? Toledo is within an hour from Cebu.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Ok beaches In one hour from Cebu limits the places . Argao is the closet beach I know of and its a brown sand and pebble beach but nice all the same . I don,t like the west side of the island because it seems to get a lot more rain. and the only real beach I have seen is in Moalboal on the west coast . Barili has a not to bad beach more pebbles than sand , Snorkling its moalboal for me pescador island and all the house reefs are nice . Alcoy is over 2 hours from Cebu Argao is 1.5 hours Carcar just over a hour but no real beach but the last shopping with a real mall lots of banks

and soon a Mc Ds and pizza hut and a big hardware store . Carcar fits well for me because it has shopping and its close to Argao (30 minutes) the farry to Bohol (20 minutes) moalboal 1 hour

I would like to see Davoa but Cebu feels right at this point

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Ok beaches In one hour from Cebu limits the places . Argao is the closet beach I know of and its a brown sand and pebble beach but nice all the same . I don,t like the west side of the island because it seems to get a lot more rain. and the only real beach I have seen is in Moalboal on the west coast . Barili has a not to bad beach more pebbles than sand , Snorkling its moalboal for me pescador island and all the house reefs are nice . Alcoy is over 2 hours from Cebu Argao is 1.5 hours Carcar just over a hour but no real beach but the last shopping with a real mall lots of banks

and soon a Mc Ds and pizza hut and a big hardware store . Carcar fits well for me because it has shopping and its close to Argao (30 minutes) the farry to Bohol (20 minutes) moalboal 1 hour

I would like to see Davoa but Cebu feels right at this point

Hello Cebu Rocks!

I was born in Olongapo, Luzon and have never been to the wonderful Visayan Island group.

But after reading you fantastic boots on the ground travel advisories, My wife and I would

certainly go there now.

Well done sir -- Jake

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Thanks jake :) i try to post realistic reviews and advice . Your always welcome to visit :cheersty:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thanks jake :) i try to post realistic reviews and advice . Your always welcome to visit :cheersty:

Just make sure that my/our dog house is readily available when I visit you. I have a feeling

that both of us will get in trouble big time with our Commander in Chiefs......he, he.

A pitcher of MoJo please -- Jake