Rock Climbing?

jojones
Posted
Posted

I know this is a long shot as rock climbing is pretty "niche" but has anyone done it here? I need to loose a few pounds and get in shape and rock climbing is the only sport that interests me. I'm going to start going to the indoor wall at Market Market in Manila but would like any information about places to do it or clubs in the Philippines. I'm particularly interested in one day doing deep water solo climbing which is where you edge up to a cliff on a boat and then climb up. If you fall off its fine so no need for ropes and sweaty trekking to get to a wall. Sounds to me like the perfect activity to plan holidays around.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Near our family farm in Sampaloc, Tanay, Rizal are outdoor adventure opportunities including rock climb and rappelling. They also have mountain biking, river rafting and trail hiking. The outdoor clubs are pretty much "click" groups, so it is difficult to participate unless they get to know you first. These groups try to safeguard information about the locations because many are anti-commercial tourism. It's also a safety issue because some who try the sports like rock climbing have no clue about the dangers.

Your best bet is to contact AM Biodiversity Farm located in Sitio Makagatal, Barangay Daraitan, Tanay, Rizal. They promote EcoTourism. Another is the Tanay Adventure Camp. This one is a commercial venture for family weekends and corporate "team building" programs. Both have websites. The area is the training location for the Philippine 2nd Infantry Division, also known as the Jungle Fighters. The military camp is Camp Capinpin.

• Like 1