Ferry Service El Nido To Coron

banyanman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Last year Montenegro started a Fastcraft ferry service from El Nido to Coron, which took only about four hours and was a much better way of getting back to Manila than doing a 6-7 hour road trip to Puerto Princesa and flying out from there (Cebu Pacific has direct flights from Coron to Manila). But Montenegro stopped the service at the start of the rainy season. Does anyone have any contacts at Montenegro through which I may be able to find out the date on which they will recommence the service this year? Apparently they said they would recommence it after the rainy season, but that's all I've been able to find out. We will be traveling there in November.

Edited by banyanman

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Did you try calling? This link has some numbers - http://www.lakas.com...-nido-to-coron/.

banyanman
Posted
Posted

Did you try calling? This link has some numbers - http://www.lakas.com...-nido-to-coron/.

I tried calling one of the general Montenegro numbers but the girl there didn't even know they had a service on that route. Thanks for this link - the numbers listed there are cellphone numbers so hopefully I can find individuals on those numbers who are more knowledgeable about that route.

• 2 months later...
banyanman
Posted
Posted

Update: I've been advised by Montenegro's ticketing agent in El Nido that the ferry service to Coron won't restart until January 2013.

• Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

Update: I've been advised by Montenegro's ticketing agent in El Nido that the ferry service to Coron won't restart until January 2013.

Thanks for the update. El Nido is definitely on my must see list.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
El Nido is definitely on my must see list.

Swedish TV had Survivor there, so I believe some of the Swedish participants feel they have seen it to much :hystery:

(I haven't been there, but it looked very nice at TV.)