The Carnage Continues, Filipinas Behind The Wheel.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Driving while Asian…stereotype or truth?

I’m curious how many forum members wife’s drive now?

I’m especially curious those Expats living in Philippines.

Anyone teach their Filipina wife to drive?

In order to save my marriage my wife attended a local Asian Drivers driving school in our area. She has been driving about ten years now and has not had a collision (that I know of) for several years.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ok, so this didn't happen in the Philippines....

My ex-girlfriend (who moved from Taiwan to be with me) wanted to learn how to drive... At the time I had a Ford Ranger 4x4 with the extended cab... Not too big but...! First off, she couldn't reach the pedals - and of course this is a 5-speed! I got a large cushion for her to sit on so she was practically standing up and that worked ok... But even at 10 kph I felt like we were going to be playing bumper cars! So I sold the truck and bought a car. I still felt like we were going to be playing bumper cars. End of lessons!

One of the things that I noticed, thanks to trying to teach her how to drive, was that almost all the Asian (Chinese and Taiwanese) women drove just like my ex... very scary! Many were missing their driver's side mirror... And some were missing the driver's side paint! So, just maybe, it does have something to do with ...?

:mocking: :attention:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

To add to my above post, I asked some of my Filipino friends how good their wives were at driving at they all say that the ones that drive do so very well and 2 admitted that the wives are better at it than they are!

:attention:

• Like 2