Do you smoke or not?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. A poll for expats or visitors to the Philippines

• I smoke tobacco.
    • I do not smoke tobacco.

Mik
Posted
Posted

I tried tobacco at age 11 and age 18. I got a headache and felt sick both times and never had a desire to try tobacco again.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

As I posted elsewhere, it makes me sick to be around heavy smoking and it seems to knock down my immune system and often causes bronchitis for me. I have lost a lot of friends to lung disease and I wish people could find a replacement for their smoking, but this is a free world and that means people have a right to do what they want, and IMO the governments allow smoking because of all the tax money they make on it.

• Like 1

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I smoked for a little while as a teenager. Then came the day I wanted to take out this really cute girl but was short of funds. I asked my Dad for a loan but when he asked me what I had spent my money on and I said cigarettes he said next time decide what is more important. I didn't get the loan. She started dating someone else and I never smoked again. :13_4_10[1]:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I don

johnb
Posted
Posted

I've smoked on and off for years, but haven't smoked now for over three years and doubt that I'll ever start again, Regarding Mike Morey's post,"I tried tobacco at age 11 and age 18. I got a headache and felt sick both times and never had a desire to try tobacco again"I could compare that same story but replace tobacco with Alcohol, I also felt sick and got a headache,but persevered now I can drink ten times as much, but still feel sick and get a headache lol

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I've smoked on and off for years, but haven't smoked now for over three years and doubt that I'll ever start again, Regarding Mike Morey's post,"I tried tobacco at age 11 and age 18. I got a headache and felt sick both times and never had a desire to try tobacco again"I could compare that same story but replace tobacco with Alcohol, I also felt sick and got a headache,but persevered now I can drink ten times as much, but still feel sick and get a headache lol
I do not know if this is in the same idea but I got sick as a dog once when I tired pot many years ago, I was unable to get off the floor because my back popped out and a friend said it would surely cure me and I was desperate because nothing else worked, well I spent the next few hours vomiting and that was after dragging my butt into the CR, and boy did that make my back worse, never again, I learned at an early age to stick with booze and now Tanduay is cheap and works great to numb the pain. SugarwareZ-004.gif :13_4_10[1]:

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

I smoked from my teens to my late 20s, when I finally had the good sense to quite. I still get a craving occasionally when I've had a beers...if I give in I hate myself the next morning.

• Like 1