Question About Emission Testing

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I was researching about emission testing here in Cebu City and where they are located and came across some interesting reading about where to get it done ..... people are claiming that you have to get it done where you are going to do your paperwork for your registration ..... like for instance in Madaue you must use the one there outside the compound in Mandaue .... if you use another you will not get your sticker ..... if you use the one in Talisay you can't get you sticker in Mandaue and vise-a-versa ..... is this true .... we live pretty close to the LTO office near the bus station but will probably be going to the LTO in Mandaue ...... this is crazy ..... why can't you use any approved emission station you want ..... is it because they get a little commission from the one right next door ???????????? ..... :unsure:

Americano
Posted
Posted

No one knows the correct answer to your question. Even LTO personnel will give you different answers. Your guess is as good as any. Maybe LTO main office gets part of the bribe from the Emission Test. In Carcar the Emission Test is P400 but if you don't want the test done then its P900. The P500 is going into someone's pocket. That's why the highway is full of motorbikes, cars, trucks and buses with smoke boiling out of them. Corruption at its finest.

• Like 1

luke
Posted
Posted (edited)

LTO enforces emission testing by areas

By Niña G. Sumacot/MIT Updated October 16, 2011 12:00 AM

CEBU, Philippines - The Land Transportation Office-7 has designated areas in the region where vehicles can undergo emission testing, or the so-called Geographical Area of Responsibility (GAOR) of Private Emission Testing Centers (PETC).

In a memorandum dated August 3, LTO Assistant Secretary Virginia Torres called for the strict observance of the rule on Geographical Area of Responsibility effective last September 1.

“The rule means that the district office shall only accept for registration purposes vehicles which have undergone emission testing by, and/or obtained certificates of emission compliance from private emission testing centers located within the same LTO district service area where these were authorized,” the memorandum read.

The LTO exempts “fleet vehicles” or those vehicles owned by companies or entities which are being utilized in different parts of the country.

The authorized PETC within the GAOR of Cebu City District Office includes JPV V. Rama, JPV Lahug, Maintek Tres de Abril, Maintek E-mall, and Mc. Anderson V. Rama.

In Mandaue City, the authorized emission testing centers are Nikkei Soriano St., TOL-CEB-TA Soriano St., Nikkei Subangdaku, Nikkei Basak, and VGL Soriano. In Lapu-Lapu City, these include JPV and LLYLE.

In Talisay City, the authorized PETC is in TOLC-CEB-TA, D & H, Joshin, and Garnet while in Toledo City, the areas are TJL, TOL-CEB-TA, and Amie Trading.

RAC Liloan, JPV Danao City, San Roque Bantayan Island, and RAC Puro, Camotes Island are the authorized PETC within the GAOR of Danao City District Office.

The Medellin Extension Office may only process the registration papers of vehicles which have undergone emission testing from Comval Bogo City and San Roque Medellin while in Carcar City, the authorized centers are JPV and Galaxy.

LTO-7 has also identified the authorized PETC within the area of responsibility of Jagna, Talibon, and Tagbilaran City in Bohol; Dumaguete City, Bais City, and Bayawan City in Negros Oriental, and in Siquijor. (FREEMAN)

source: http://www2.philstar...esting-by-areas

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
fixed format

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thank you Luke ..... that pretty well sums it up and exactly what I was looking for ..... :thumbsup: ............ :cheersty:

Americano
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the information, but for me the question of why still remains. If the test is honestly done then why does it matter where its done? Either someone in the office is getting a kick back or they don't trust other testing centers.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Wanna bet it was because too many out of town emission tests were forgeries? I have a friend here in Canada who's brother works for LTO... I'll ask him next time I see him.