Something Not To Say When Out For A Meal

tiger31
Posted
Posted

out for dinner one night ,as usual i like to pick up my ribs and eat all the meat clean off after i,m done i,m need a knapkin to clean ma hands so i raise my voice a little and asked the waitriss for a knapkin .my g f went bright red and i asked her why her cheeks had changed colour .she said you used the wrong word a knapkin is a TAMPON oh dear errr mmm lol pay the bill honey lol

• Like 5

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Tissue. is the more "correct"word.

perhaps a new topic should be open on defining local words

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

"Tissue" might not be the correct word. We were attending a meeting at a corporate conference room when my wife asked a secretary for tissue. She brought a role of toilet paper, This is what the clerical staff keeps in their drawers for everything, including wiping the table and going to the toilet (you have to bring your own supply). The word she should have used is, "Kleenex."

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

My wife always carries "Wet Wipes". Seems all the places we go it is rare to see a true napkin. Good ole standard "Toilet Paper" for all your wiping needs.

I have noticed "Paper Towels" to be absent as well in Philippines.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
I have noticed "Paper Towels" to be absent as well in Philippines.

The custom is for men and women to carry a large hankerchief. I also carry my own supply of toilet paper in my briefcase.

wombatphil
Posted
Posted (edited)

out for dinner one night ,as usual i like to pick up my ribs and eat all the meat clean off after i,m done i,m need a knapkin to clean ma hands so i raise my voice a little and asked the waitriss for a knapkin .my g f went bright red and i asked her why her cheeks had changed colour .she said you used the wrong word a knapkin is a TAMPON oh dear errr mmm lol pay the bill honey lol

Ah, it's ok mate, we all understand that you are one of those uncouth Scotsmen...

Hang about!!! I got some Scot in me as well...

The custom is for men and women to carry a large hankerchief. I also carry my own supply of toilet paper in my briefcase.

Where I come from in Oz, we often call toilet paper, 'Pommy hankerchiefs'... :)

Edited by wombatphil