Bacolod City

tiger31
Posted
Posted

any forum members live in or around bacolod city that could tell me what the place is like to live in .As i think i,m moving there from cebu in the not to distant future ,it might delay me from going back to uk if the place is decent.I,m not keen on the climate here in cebu to hot n sticky .

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

any forum members live in or around bacolod city that could tell me what the place is like to live in .As i think i,m moving there from cebu in the not to distant future ,it might delay me from going back to uk if the place is decent.I,m not keen on the climate here in cebu to hot n sticky .

I live here in Bacolod. What it's like depends on what you are looking for. Does Bacolod have as many places to go as Cebu? Sorry, not even close. Yes we have more than the smaller cities in Negros but it's not Cebu. Temp and prices are about equal to Cebu. One exception is fuel which Bacolod is about P3-P5 per liter more than Cebu. On the plus side, Bacolod's people are more friendly than Cebu. Hope this helps.
  • Like 3

tiger31
Posted
Posted

I live here in Bacolod. What it's like depends on what you are looking for. Does Bacolod have as many places to go as Cebu? Sorry, not even close. Yes we have more than the smaller cities in Negros but it's not Cebu. Temp and prices are about equal to Cebu. One exception is fuel which Bacolod is about P3-P5 per liter more than Cebu. On the plus side, Bacolod's people are more friendly than Cebu. Hope this helps.

thanks for that we are heading for granada where some of her family stay ,ive heard its not a good place for starting any sort of business there as not much money about .
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
ive heard its not a good place for starting any sort of business there as not much money about .

Another businessman might say: Wow, what a great place to start a business. No one has the money to start anything that would compete with me.

• Like 3

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Hi Tiger31, I have a friend from Linkedin, who has lived in Bacolod for some time. Hi just sent me an email stating "We moved FROM Bacolod To Caticlan, Malay, Aklan which is spitting distance from Boracay (5 min boat ride ) this is our piece of paradise."

Having seen the pictures of his new house I can understand why he refers to it as their piece of paradise! What a house and beautiful area and his rent is considerably less expensive that you would have thought. In fact it is less than my small two bedroom house was in Pasig, and almost as cheap as the place I am living in now, but has a beach. I don't know if I am allowed to send you the link to his photo galery of pictures of this place but I will find out. They are just pictures of his house and area.

His email address is xxxxxxxxxxx He says it is OK if you contact him to get the low down on the areas, prices, and even information on work etc. for this area.

Hope this helps

Papa Carl

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hi Tiger31, I have a friend from Linkedin, who has lived in Bacolod for some time. Hi just sent me an email stating "We moved FROM Bacolod To Caticlan, Malay, Aklan which is spitting distance from Boracay (5 min boat ride ) this is our piece of paradise."

Having seen the pictures of his new house I can understand why he refers to it as their piece of paradise! What a house and beautiful area and his rent is considerably less expensive that you would have thought. In fact it is less than my small two bedroom house was in Pasig, and almost as cheap as the place I am living in now, but has a beach. I don't know if I am allowed to send you the link to his photo galery of pictures of this place but I will find out. They are just pictures of his house and area.

His email address is xxxxxxxxxxx He says it is OK if you contact him to get the low down on the areas, prices, and even information on work etc. for this area.

Hope this helps

Papa Carl

Carl

I removed his Email, we don't know if he wants his Email shown on google all over the world. If someone wants it they can PM you :cheersty:

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Thanks I did ask him if he minded I do that, and he was OK. But I don't mind, Tiger31 can PM me and I can also send him all the pictures.

Papa Carl

• Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted

Hope this helps

Papa Carl

thanks papa got your email with the pictures amazing place looks ideal .i did,nt want to ask how much rent in case he thinks i,m being a bit cheeky lol

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I know what you mean I was blown away when I saw the pictures and the beach area etc. Beautiful, and not hard to see what he means when he says his part of paradise!

I have PM'd you more details of price etc.

Papa Carl