Another 2 Resasons Why I Love The Area My House Is In !!!

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)

here another two videos both are of various festival in my area where my house is !! when i seen these makes wish im back home now !!!

the last video the dresses are so beautiful and watch the huge pinata there will be a little girl in there singing this is so awesome !!! im not sure what this festival is about i know its in april so im assuming it has something to do with easter !!! ???

O-U-C :thumbsup:

Edited by OldUgly&Cranky
  • Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Nice videos. Makes me think you may not be as cranky as your username implies; old & ugly I do not know! :tiphat:

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

LOL im a softy at heart !!! :)

• Like 1

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

I often heard Filipinos/as speak warmly about their home province, city, town or barangay in regards to their own unique fiestas, festivals and celebrations. Watching these videos gives a glimpse as to why. These videos are very well done - Thanks for sharing~~

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

yes, you are correct - its about easter. specifically Easter Sunday in the West. In PI specially places like Cebu, your place (Angono Rizal), Pampanga, etc - it is a big celebration. It actually started at dawn. in Cebu, there would be 3x procession. im a bit hazy now - but i think they are jesus, Mary and ?????? (cant remember anymore). all three will meet up. the ritual is a celebration of the meeing of jesus and mary after the resurrection.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I watched these videos and so wanted to be there now!!!

I showed them to my next door neighbour - he's an 85 year old who came from Italy in his late teens... He cried and told me that it reminded him of home when he was younger. Yeah, he made me cry too....

• Like 2

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

thanks ashanti i knew it had something to do with easter but now I KNOW FOR SURE !!! thanks again !!! :)

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

I watched these videos and so wanted to be there now!!!

I showed them to my next door neighbour - he's an 85 year old who came from Italy in his late teens... He cried and told me that it reminded him of home when he was younger. Yeah, he made me cry too....

very touching bob !!!! i wish i was there now too !!! as i said in the title of my post its one for the reasons why i LOVE my area Angono really goes all out with any festival it does they really take allot of pride in them and as you can see it SHOWS !! as i said in my video & post about the aftermath of the last typhoon !! this is were we do most of our shopping for food , nights out i know a GREAT BAR THERE with 2 live bands a night 7 days a week !! its a great city !!!

O-U-C

• Like 1