Talisay City

ETCRet
Posted
Posted

Hello Everyone. This is my first post here. I'm Ken. I have been researching the Philippines and the Cebu area of it. I am a retired military guy looking to visit the Philippines and possibly extend my stay up and including living there if things work out. I have friends who are from Talisay City, but are not there now. I would apprectiate any input on what Talisay City is like, or if I should visit it or not. I noticed it is near the coast of Cebu, so perhaps there are some nice coastal areas I might see near there. I am sorry, if this information has already been posted. I have not found it yet. Please, I am not interested in any of the sexpat information. i don't have anything against it. It just isn't my cup of tea.

• Like 1

Will
Posted
Posted

:welcome:

Hello Ken. I've never been to PI but am planning on visiting (prolly living eventually) near the same area, Talisay. My asawa says its nice there... a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll. She has been looking for properties on the internet in that area. She says that area has beachfront as well as mountains (she is afraid of tsunami, so she is looking for something higher up)

Sorry I couldnt help you more. Lots of friendly members here are sure to come along with more knowledge than me to tell you more.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Ken!

Unfortunately I can't answer your questions about Talisay but I can assure you that the "sexpat" stuff is on a different forum! The owner and Boss Man of this forum wants it to be a family orientated site and Tom (Jolly Good Fellow) will come down hard on us if we get too carried away with the off-color posts...

Have you tried the Search Box at the top of the page? This will usually give you the results you are looking for...

Once again, welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I would apprectiate any input on what Talisay City is like, or if I should visit it or not. I noticed it is near the coast of Cebu, so perhaps there are some nice coastal areas I might see near there.

Indistinguishable from Cebu City, imo. Lots of development going on in that area, I hope they have the traffic plan worked out. If you are looking for "nice coastal areas" keep going south (or north).

• Like 1

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

What MikeB said. Talisay is growing. We live in a quite subdivison just south of Talisay where we rent a 4 br, 2 bath for P7500. It is on a hill, on a hill. We love it here. But there really isn't much change until you go further south. CarCar is where the houses are closer to the beach. The only time we go to Talisay is for government stuff. We go to Tabanouk for the Gaisano mall frequently and it isn't bad. I would recommend Talisay as a place to live.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

We live in the States but visit Talisay often. I agree with Will and Lordblacknail home somewhat south would be better choice to the north part of Talisay.

The past 15 years I've seen Talisay deteriorate somewhat due to a corrupt mayor and growing Meth problem. The beach is for the most part a cesspool but the hills overlooking are nice the air fairly clean with less crime. By 6PM the lowlands are a toxic smog of burning pollution. The SRP makes it much easier to get into downtown Cebu City or to Mactan but the narrow congested roads are difficult to navigate.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

ETCRet
Posted
Posted

We live in the States but visit Talisay often. I agree with Will and Lordblacknail home somewhat south would be better choice to the north part of Talisay.

The past 15 years I've seen Talisay deteriorate somewhat due to a corrupt mayor and growing Meth problem. The beach is for the most part a cesspool but the hills overlooking are nice the air fairly clean with less crime. By 6PM the lowlands are a toxic smog of burning pollution. The SRP makes it much easier to get into downtown Cebu City or to Mactan but the narrow congested roads are difficult to navigate.

WOW. You guys are awesome. I did not expect even one response this fasty. Thanks everyone for your welcome and information. I must be stupid or blind because I have yet to see a search button. I looked for it several times.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
WOW. You guys are awesome. I did not expect even one response this fasty. Thanks everyone for your welcome and information. I must be stupid or blind because I have yet to see a search button. I looked for it several times. Like This Selective Quote

Just to help you out, please see screen shots.

post-1-0-66976500-1347019894_thumb.jpg post-1-0-95734300-1347019892_thumb.jpg

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I was just noticing a few minutes ago that not all the skins keep the search box open on the page.... Once again our mighty leader to the rescue!

(Gotta admit - I miss the old Mighty Mouse!)

:mocking: